It was a really strange morning!

deepbeep

Jun 11, 2009
Bolivar, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
I did some research last night and found an old house on an old map. When I "google earthed it" I found that there is now a tractor road leading back there to a clump of trees, but no house or barn. HHmmmmmm

Off I went early this morning. I found the property owner in his barn working on the mower getting ready to cut some hay. He said "no problem" just be careful. Out into the field I went. All around the old house site was pretty grown up with berry bushes and thistles. It was really hard to swing the detector. There was corn planted all around the outside of the area.
finds 069a.JPG
finds 070a.JPG

For some strange reason, I began finding clad and memorials along this old road. It was the easiest place to swing a detector, so I worked it pretty good.
I went all round this old walnut tree well too, but found nothing but an old lighter.

It was about then that I hit this find.
finds 077a.JPG
I knew it had been there a while, and I also knew I was being somewhat silly, but I kept picturing a fugitive sneeking up behind me and hitting me over the head. I just couldn't concentrate after finding them. I had another really good spot to head to anyway, so it was time to move along and come back here another day.
finds 079a.JPG
At this house, it wasn't much easier swinging the detector either. It was pretty junky, and grown up too. I did manage to find a 1939 wheat and a really cool bottle just under the edge of the front porch.
finds 083a.JPG
It wasn't until I got home and cleaned everything up that I discovered the hand cuffs are a toy. lol......geesh!
finds 084a.JPG
Thanks for looking!

Tim

Attachments

• finds 082a.JPG
    finds 082a.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 456
Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: It was a really strange moring!

Maybe you are a little off in your foundation calculation. I would walk the grounds and look for any existance of a foundation.

OP
OP
deepbeep

deepbeep

Jun 11, 2009
Bolivar, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac

Spartacus, No, I did find the foundation......well, I think it is the barn foundation. The farmer told me the barn was just north of where the house sat. Here is a pic of it:

Attachments

• finds 075a.JPG
    finds 075a.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 427

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA

allen said:
thats strange to find a set of handcuffs out in a field like that !
maybe the farmer is an escaped con or helped one escape !
I was just ready to write the cuffs didn't look like official cuff probly are toy due to the fact they looked flimsy.. then I reread again an noticed you have wrote the cuffs are toy cuffs...

Enrique

Greenie
Jun 27, 2005
Henryville, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Silver Saber Plus, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Where there are wheat pennies, theres bound to be silver. Take a weed whacker with you and clear a nice size area take your time and search. Of course get permission to clear the area first from the owner. Good Luck.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Clean off a 20 X 20 area at a time then detect it. When that area is done clean another area off and detect. Hope you find some neat stuff.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread