What's new

It was hot out there this morning... and so was the GT....14K gold

Lorrain.

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
978
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Hi,

Decided to bear the heat and do some detecting today because tomorrow promises to be even hotter. :icon_sunny:

Was finding only clads in the initial area that I was detecting, so :sign13: I put "Plan B" into action and moved over to a rocky area...


That's where I found the 14 K FG ring....size 12 /1/2 loud , solid, medium tone about 5" deep in mud around the rocks.

Here's some pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0657.webp
    DSCF0657.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 642
  • DSCF0659.webp
    DSCF0659.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 596
  • DSCF0663.webp
    DSCF0663.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 597
  • DSCF0654.webp
    DSCF0654.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 600
Upvote 0
Wtg. That is a heavy one. Congrats
 
Nice find! What made you decide to check the rocky muddy area? Do you see a lot of activity there? Just wondering. My wedding band is stamped with the same FG mark. Must be a fairly common wedding band maker.

Aaron
 
Very nice looking ring . Nice job detecting. Congratulations!!! :thumbsup:
 
stpauli914 said:
Nice find! What made you decide to check the rocky muddy area? Do you see a lot of activity there? Just wondering. My wedding band is stamped with the same FG mark. Must be a fairly common wedding band maker.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I like to hunt rocky areas ...yes, I have found many treasures ( coins, jewelry) amid the rocks..particularly near piers and jetties. I try to do a bit of each area ( low tide mud) ( rocky areas) ( wet sand slope) & (dry sand) when I am out there and have the time to do so.

FG is "Frederick Goldman" ...and as I understand , this is a "high end" quality of gold ring...or so I've been told.

Lorraine
 
Oh Baby, THAT is SWEET! :headbang: :hello2: Congrats! :notworthy:
 
Terry Soloman said:
Oh Baby, THAT is SWEET! :headbang: :hello2: Congrats! :notworthy:

Hey , Terry...I met a detectorist out there who looked just like you...I asked him "Are you Terry"?

he said "no, I'm Larry" 8)

We talked for a while then split into opposite directions to continue our hunting. We were near your friends' house.

L
 
Congrats! :hello2: :hello2:

Nice Gold.


HH Joe
 
VERY COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!, :icon_pirat:
 
Very nice ring. According to my estimates it is worth $276.00 from ARA at todays gold prices for Spot for 14 Kt. :thumbsup:
 
Twice as heavy as my biggest band so far. :icon_thumleft:
 
Beautiful Ring :icon_thumright: Sounds like experience paid off. Good job on tracking down the GOLD :icon_sunny:
 
Great find Lorraine. You deserve it!
 
:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: On that ring!!! HH Chug
 
Way to go Lorraine. :hello2: Beautiful find! If you go out tomorrow, be careful, it is supposed to be hotter than today.
regards
Ed
 
I got my FG wedding band(and my wifes) from a jewelry store in a mall that was closing down a few years back. Everything was 80% off! Ended up getting mine and my wifes for a total of $80!! They were 10K but still areally good deal considering. Mine weighs 4.3 and my wifes 1.8. Great hunting Lorraine!!

Aaron
 
Wow! What a nice and heavy gold band. Congratulations on your find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom