Its about time!!!!

Lucky Hat

Mar 28, 2009
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision
It's about time!!!!

I had about an hour to hunt before the wife gets home from work. So I drove at mach 1 to an old train stop that has way to much junk in it. I decided to hunt the far edge in hops of less trash. Ten minutes into the hunt I got a signal for foil or gold on my Vision. The graph said it was more gold than foil. So out came the digger. I cut a 6 inch plug at about 5 inches down. I cut right over the top of a trap door spider. The hole had webbing in it. I ran the coil over it and the the target was still there. I moved some more dirt out of the hole and I saw more webbing with dew drops on it. But as my eyes focused on it I saw diamonds. I pulled out the best ring I have ever found in 17 years.

Attachments

• Wilhoit Ring 003.jpg
    Wilhoit Ring 003.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,201
Upvote 0

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: It's about time!!!!

just .......................BEAUTIFUL............................... :headbang:

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome find ! I would take it for a apprasiel just out of curiousity . Ussually when I find a ring with stones I will take it to kay jewelers or something along those lines and have them look at and give me there insight ...keep up the good work !

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice job... sweet... :thumbsup:

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

Lucky,
How do you like that White's Vision? It sounds like a great machine with (as it appears to me) two additional measurements in the signagraphs. Less digging trash it appears. Especially since you indicated that the graph told you it was more likely gold than foil with that ring.

DoninIndiana

Greenie
Mar 21, 2009

Nice ring, a friend hit a train stop and after a few hours he had a ton of junk, right before he left he found a ten dollar gold coin. Congrats on a great looking ring!

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75

Oh man, what a gorgeous ring. Your persistence sure paid off.
Mike

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero

Now, that is one beautiful ring!!!!.... Wifey would be wearing it already, and I would be loving to look at it on her finger.. Not many rings grab my attention for the beauty side of admiration, but yours is just magnificent. Fabulous turn of the century design, jeweler's execution, and something to admire.

Very Bannerable in my opinion. My vote is in.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Excellent find :thumbsup: Is is marked? If those rocks are the real deal you definately have a banner find there. Congrats,

HH Charlie

OP
OP
L

Lucky Hat

Mar 28, 2009
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision

Skrimpy said:
Lucky,
How do you like that White's Vision? It sounds like a great machine with (as it appears to me) two additional measurements in the signagraphs. Less digging trash it appears. Especially since you indicated that the graph told you it was more likely gold than foil with that ring.
Three times I have gotten signals where the graph lines up and each time they were gold. I love this machine. Now I have to go back and re-hunt all my old spots! ( damm.)

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI

Beautiful ring, from the style of diamonds(European-old miners cut) I would guess late 18 or early 1900,s. They went to the brilliant cut in about 1932.

Les

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a gorgeous fabulous ring.....can't remember ever seeing a ring that got my attention the way yours did.
Did you post this in "Best finds?" Should......they won't get any better than this. :thumbsup:
Nice and slow, at the train station......who knows what else is hiding there? :notworthy:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beautiful ring Lucky !

Congrats !

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT

that's a really great looking old ring!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
congrats on that one!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nighthunter

Jun 10, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT

That truly is a beautiful ring. Congrats on the find and way to go digging when slightly in doubt if gold or foil. Made a great decision doing so. Good luck and HH. :hello2:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is one of the FINEST pieces of OLD Gold jewelry I have ever seen posted on the forum.

Incredible. :hello2:

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

Lucky Hat said:
Skrimpy said:
Lucky,
Three times I have gotten signals where the graph lines up and each time they were gold. I love this machine. Now I have to go back and re-hunt all my old spots! ( damm.)

I know what you are saying. Theres a couple of places I would love to take this machine...before everyone else gets one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions