What's new

It's Been a Long Time...

I was at a couple early ones and also John & Roses Legend Hunt. I forget if it was Culpepper or not. Hung with Troy Galloway and Ed Fedory. So many laughs.
It will feel good to get hunting again.
 
Welcome & Good Hunting !
 
I remember Monte, who was a regular on the Treasure Depot forums years ago, he was a wealth of knowledge when it came to metal detecting and detectors. I think he tried about every detector known to man. It's a shame he passed without knowing it.
 
It's been quite a few years since I have done and MD'ing or even posted. I just looked around and found a great poster to these forums here has passed on 10 years ago. His name was Monte. He had a vast knowledge & freely shared it. I remember his favorite machines were Tesoro. I plan on getting back to digging and will start in the watwr and also look forward to hitting the relic fields again along with the old home sites. I have a Troy X5 that needs some minor repair. Does anyone know who might work on them? Thanks and I look forward to see some of your finds and get back into the hobby..!
Welcome Mike! By the time you find a bonified repair person, pay for shipping both ways, why not get a newer machine with more advanced electronics in a waterproof package? The sponsors here on the site will take care of you and with a budget of $300-$375 you can get a GREAT machine!
 
Someone please correct me. I was thinking the Troy Shadow was close to the Tesoro machines ?
 
Someone please correct me. I was thinking the Troy Shadow was close to the Tesoro machines ?
It was. The Shadow X2 was very similar to the Tesoro Silver Sabre and manufactured by Tesoro. An excellent machine! Still have mine and with the 11 inch coil performs great! The Shadiw X5 was a completely different machine that Troy Galloway had Fisher produce.
 
Welcome Mike! By the time you find a bonified repair person, pay for shipping both ways, why not get a newer machine with more advanced electronics in a waterproof package? The sponsors here on the site will take care of you and with a budget of $300-$375 you can get a GREAT machine!
HOW HAVE u BEEN Terry?
 
Last edited:
Welcome aboard from San Diego!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom