What's new

Its copper with two different size holes

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
3,860
Reaction score
1,939
Golden Thread
3
Location
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac

Nokta marko simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's copper with two different size holes

This is made of copper and one hole is 1/8 & the other is 3/8 and looks like black paint on it.
It has a copper hammered rivet holding the two pieces together. When folded it's 2 3/8'' and open 4'' by 1 1/4''wide. No markings on it.
 

Attachments

  • Sept. 10 001.webp
    Sept. 10 001.webp
    3.2 KB · Views: 395
  • Sept. 10 003.webp
    Sept. 10 003.webp
    2.6 KB · Views: 378
  • Sept. 10 004.webp
    Sept. 10 004.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 389
  • Sept. 10 005.webp
    Sept. 10 005.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 437
  • Sept. 10 006.webp
    Sept. 10 006.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 375
  • Sept. 10 007.webp
    Sept. 10 007.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 387
Re: It's copper with two different size holes

First I want to thank everyone for going all out on this one and
thanks to DC Matt for solving it with his pictures of the Waterhouse stop.

Thanks to johnnyi for mentioning light source and camera and asking all the questions. :thumbsup: Hope you got your sleep. roger
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: It's copper with two different size holes

Roger, this has been the most fun i.d. I can remember since coming on the board.
From hunches to absolute identity we all worked as a team.
When I first laid eyes on this "thing" I really didn't think this one would be solved,
but after seeing Matt's general images this morning, and just now seeing bigcy's images
of the exact same humble nondescript object in the flesh,
I'm convinced when we work together we can eventually solve anything that's put on this board!
Thanks for the opportunity.
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's copper with two different size holes

Thanks bigcypresshunter. Around $25.00 apiece. Some people still use the old style cameras I guess.
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's copper with two different size holes

Thanks johnnyi. I'm glad you had fun and team work pays off.
roger
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's copper with two different size holes

johnnyi said:
Roger, this has been the most fun i.d. I can remember since coming on the board.
From hunches to absolute identity we all worked as a team.
When I first laid eyes on this "thing" I really didn't think this one would be solved,
but after seeing Matt's general images this morning, and just now seeing bigcy's images
of the exact same humble nondescript object in the flesh,
I'm convinced when we work together we can eventually solve anything that's put on this board!
Thanks for the opportunity.
Im amazed at some of the IDs here but there are a few that remain unidentified objects.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom