What's new

Its just not any fun anymore...

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
It's just not any fun anymore...

Ok, earlier today I find 3 rolls of full 40% silver halves, 2 of which are marked rolls indicating it. (here's the pic)

picture224.jpg


Then this evening my girlfriend isn't feeling too good, so we go out to the grocery store to pick up food to make grilled cheese with tomato soup (yeah cuz I'm the bombest.comest boyfriend in the world). So the store has a bank branch in it open until 7 so I feel like getting on the board in '08 with some Wheats and grab $10 in pennies. Half are handwrapped half are machine-wrapped. I didn't really look at them, just put them in my coat pockets. So I get home and check them out. The machine rolls are very dingy looking and the handrolls look pretty old. So then I see one of the handrolls with 'CPV 34-39P' written on it. Come on now...it can't be, can it? So I open the one end and there is a 1936 Wheat there. Sheesh. This is getting to be like shooting fish in a bucket. You wanna know the worst part about it? There were 52 Wheats between 1934 and 1939 in that roll! Ridiculous. Is this supposed to be fun? I mean now I'm getting Wheats for free! ;D

Ok but for real, I think someone just deposited all these pennies but 4 of the bankwrapped rolls were all 1995 and brand new. None of the other rolls had anything newer than 1994. Most of them were copper Memorials. I saved 3 of them after realizing what they were. Aside from the roll with 52 wheats in it the rest only had 5 Wheats in it and 3 Canadians, 1971, 72 and 76.

Hey I accomplished my goal...I found some Wheats!

Hopefully you can see the writing on the roll there in the pic

picture225.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's just not any fun anymore...

Oh right - that's no fun at all! ;D

Nice hit!

HH,
Wally
 
Re: It's just not any fun anymore...

You're right, no fun at all! Now, four hours in the snow and not finding anything...that's fun! ;D
 
Re: It's just not any fun anymore...

halfdime said:
You're right, no fun at all! Now, four hours in the snow and not finding anything...that's fun! ;D

But we know where NOT to look though...plus it was good exercise
 
4

Hey! Nice job. Not to steal your post, but this weekend I had a similar experience, at one bank I found two whole rolls of silver, one had all Bens and the other had all 64's. A few banks went by and then I found a roll marked "s" with 1 x 64 and 19 40's.

Later I thought to myself ... "Damn, that rocked, but in a way finding those coins amongst clad is a bit more fun. Strange!"

356 halves in 20 banks produced 41 90's and 27 40's, my best day silver-wise, yet.

Brian
 

Attachments

  • roll_of_franklins.webp
    roll_of_franklins.webp
    144.5 KB · Views: 303

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom