What's new

Its looking really good for the fall season

smokeythecat

Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
20,926
Reaction score
41,158
Golden Thread
10
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
10
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new 500 acre permission, never detected with an 1850 house on it. That should be a blast. Then I was goofing off at my "honey hole" a few of you have been to with me, you know, the place the sugar and chocolate fairy lives...Walked through a little corn and got a few button and minie ball type signals. I had thought they hadn't plowed deep enough to turn more stuff up, but it looks like I was wrong.

Now to get through yellow jacket season first.
 
I'm with you Smokey. Fall is a great time to be out. Good luck at your new permission.
 
On the older permission that has done so well we haven't even found a flake. The new one is in orchards and never plowed, with no water nearby, so doesn't look promising. The NA artifacts are from my far away places.
 
Damn them yellow jackets,they pop out where you least expect them.
 
Yeah, I was trying the aboriginal way of heat treating a few pieces of flint just to see what it would look like, and was visited by several, which means there is a nest nearby.
 
500 Acer will keep ya swinging a long time
 
A very long time. Now just to find someone to go with me. Timewise, it's still aways off, and part of me doesn't want to go on a wild goose chase on the new spot. Its right next to a major road so we would be seen quickly by others and if it's a good place, could be an issue.
 
Fall is for deer hunting, not treasure hunting. Detectors go into the closet from mid Sept to spring thaw.
 
November to March or early April is our best time for relics. No bees, snakes, or other horrible type creatures to deal with.
 
How many of us can show up? I'll bring the beer.
 
I haven't decided yet. It should not take that long to get a deer btw. Around here, drive on the one road from 10 pm to about 3 am In November and someone will have hit one for you. Maybe even 2 or 3.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom