Its not what you find, but how you find it!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again, I hit the dirt this morning for another 2.5 hour hunt. As far as the temp went, it was pretty cool but got pretty hot by the time I left. This morning was a bit different in one way, I took my new dog with me and attached her to my belt. She is about 8 years old and was adopted last week from a rescue.

FullSizeRender.jpg
Anyhow, she loves going places and given the kind of places I detect, she is a great dog to alert me of anyone approaching.

So, just like yesterday, I got another earring and again, a gold imposter! This was a very interesting find.

First, I got a bouncy nickel/ zink penny signal. When this happens with the Impact, it means a coin spill with different denominations of coins or trash or coins mixed with trash.

Sure enough, I cut the flap and probed the hole to find a single zink penny. After that, I probed again and found a signal that kept moving around. A few more seconds and that familiar glint of gold caught my eye in the shape of a tiny bell. I had found the back side of an earring.

But, where was the rest of this little treasure? A quick sweep of the surrounding area found the rest of the earring only 2 feet away!
Here is a picture of them both together after i found the second part of the Earring.
IMG_2879.JPG

Another pic of them a little cleaner
IMG_2881.JPG

I am not sure what the odds are of finding both parts of an earring so close together but I’ll cross that off my bucket list of things I never even considered could happen.

Anyhow, here is a picture of the rest of my finds for the day.
IMG_2886.JPG

13 nickels, about as many pennies, one quarter and a stainless fork sent from the detector gods. Yep, they know I’m hungry for gold and I'm closing in on it!

HH everyone!

Last edited:
Upvote 13

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and kudos to you for rescuing the fur face!

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. That is a nice picture taken of you and your new dog. Congrats on the nice finds as well.:icon_thumleft:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds, and your new found friend. I hope you have many years together. Rescue is the way to go. We did the same ourselves 4 years ago, and she is the best dog we have ever had.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and a great body guard. I’m sure she’ll keep you safe. Congrats!

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again, I hit the dirt this morning for another 2.5 hour hunt. As far as the temp went, it was pretty cool but got pretty hot by the time I left. This morning was a bit different in one way, I took my new dog with me and attached her to my belt. She is about 8 years old and was adopted last week from a rescue.

View attachment 1593746
Anyhow, she loves going places and given the kind of places I detect, she is a great dog to alert me of anyone approaching.

So, just like yesterday, I got another earring and again, a gold imposter! This was a very interesting find.

First, I got a bouncy nickel/ zink penny signal. When this happens with the Impact, it means a coin spill with different denominations of coins or trash or coins mixed with trash.

Sure enough, I cut the flap and probed the hole to find a single zink penny. After that, I probed again and found a signal that kept moving around. A few more seconds and that familiar glint of gold caught my eye in the shape of a tiny bell. I had found the back side of an earring.

But, where was the rest of this little treasure? A quick sweep of the surrounding area found the rest of the earring only 2 feet away!
Here is a picture of them both together after i found the second part of the Earring.
View attachment 1593747

Another pic of them a little cleaner
View attachment 1593749

I am not sure what the odds are of finding both parts of an earring so close together but I’ll cross that off my bucket list of things I never even considered could happen.

Anyhow, here is a picture of the rest of my finds for the day.
View attachment 1593748

13 nickels, about as many pennies, one quarter and a stainless fork sent from the detector gods. Yep, they know I’m hungry for gold and I'm closing in on it!

HH everyone!

Nice finds and kudos to you for rescuing the fur face!

LOL we have my wife to thank for that. We already have one dog and she wanted a companion for it.

Congratulations on the finds and your new partner!

Yes she is turning out to be a great little partner. She don't pull on the retractable leash. some times she gets in the way when i am trying to retrieve an object. Curiosity i guess.

Hi. That is a nice picture taken of you and your new dog. Congrats on the nice finds as well.:icon_thumleft:

Well, the finds were normal everyday kind of finds but i found the earring find to be most ineresting considering how the two pieces were separated yet found.

Congrats on your finds, and your new found friend. I hope you have many years together. Rescue is the way to go. We did the same ourselves 4 years ago, and she is the best dog we have ever had.

Actually i didn't want another dog because pets tie you down. My wife convinced me to get it by bribing me. I get ANY metal detector i desire! I have not decided which one i want yet but i will get one soon. Whats even better is...I actually get along with her very well. We go everywhere together. She may be the best trained and most well behaved dog i have ever had!

Nice finds and a great body guard. I’m sure she’ll keep you safe. Congrats!

LOL she don't bite but she lets me know if someone is close by because she is an attention hound.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread