What's new

Its taken five years but its a beauty!!!!!

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2012
Messages
1,487
Reaction score
1,648
Golden Thread
1
Location
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's taken five years but its a beauty!!!!!

Lately I have been hunting an old farmstead that dates back to the 1750s in a really old part of ct. My e-trac has been acting funny lately so I decided to try my luck with my ace 350. which I'm not a fan of at all. I wasn't having any luck with the field so I decided to move into the apple orchard. After four hours of digging up can after can and every shot gun shell in the tri state area. I come across some nice roundness in the hole. After I wiped off the dirt I almost had to pinch my self it was my first ct copper and she was beautiful. The year is 1787. I'm curious though any one know the variety? Thanks for looking. - Justin ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429389788.681256.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429389803.179823.webp
 
Upvote 150
Not that I am an authority on such matters, but it looks spot on to me.
 
That is one fantastic looking coin! Congrats! Awesome find!
 
very, very nice. congrats!
 
That's a top notch copper, worth the wait!
 
Can't help you with the ID but I love that coin.

Congrats on your awesome 5 year payoff. I'd say you most definitely earned (and deserve) that one.
Persistence certainly does pay off.
 
wow, great coin, who would've thought a Connecticut copper with the 350!

great find!!
 
Congrats R.D on your rare and awesome find ..cheers Mick
 
Way to go relic dude nice ct. I have one that is a Vermont state coin found at a 1769 home site .vanzutphen
 
Great state copper. The condition is phenomenal
 
Great find! I am also in NW CT - ping me if u would like to combine efforts.
 
thats the same variety I suggested to you on facebook on the 13th Justin but its always nice to get a second opinion on the variety , especially from Don. Congrats again on a very sweet coin.

Dan
 
The condition on the obverse of that coin is freaking amazing. The separation in the hair on the bust is ridiculous. You can see each individual hair strand. Congrats on the state copper. I hope it turns out to be the rare variety.
 
That is a beauty bud. Great find and worth the wait!
 
Wow, look at the detail! :notworthy:
 
That's one sweet CT copper congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom