What's new

Its taken five years but its a beauty!!!!!

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2012
Messages
1,487
Reaction score
1,648
Golden Thread
1
Location
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's taken five years but its a beauty!!!!!

Lately I have been hunting an old farmstead that dates back to the 1750s in a really old part of ct. My e-trac has been acting funny lately so I decided to try my luck with my ace 350. which I'm not a fan of at all. I wasn't having any luck with the field so I decided to move into the apple orchard. After four hours of digging up can after can and every shot gun shell in the tri state area. I come across some nice roundness in the hole. After I wiped off the dirt I almost had to pinch my self it was my first ct copper and she was beautiful. The year is 1787. I'm curious though any one know the variety? Thanks for looking. - Justin ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429389788.681256.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429389803.179823.webp
 
Upvote 150
What a beauty you dug, congrats on the find.
 
Must have been thrilling to find that !! :treasurechest: :occasion14:
 
Fantastic! Great find indeed.
 
Thank you every one I couldn't be happier with this find. Now for the next find on my wanted list a double eagle flask. Ill be keeping my fingers crossed. So is that the I'd on the variety 33.29 z7?
 
One of the pretties dug coppers I have seen, nice find
 
CONGRATS on a great looking Ct Copper:thumbsup:
 
Oh man that's gorgeous! A huge congratulations to you. Probably won't see another one in that condition and rarity for a long long time...if ever!
 
Wow! Amazing! Congrats!
 
Congratulations on the beautiful old copper recovery!
 
Sweet! Congratulations!

Steve
 
Lots of congrats, but nobody nominating for banner? I surely did. I mean c'mon - only 34-64 known to exist? It 35-65 now! :laughing7:

RelicDude, I hope you get a banner for this. WAY TO GO, BRO! :thumbsup:
 
Great looking coin,really nice shape:thumbsup:
 
Hate looking to ID Conn's. Too many! Don nailed it! If you look close enough.....you can actually pick out the die crack in the finders coin, at the last "C" in Connec. Second cinquefoil, before Britania's head, is missing in the example I found to match the finders coin. But that is the only difference I see. OBVIOUSLY is the M33.29-z.7. I looked in "coinfacts" which has an example. This could be an early die state, because the finders coin has the cinquefoil, and the example in coinfacts has a bulge in the reverse where it should be. This would indicate a later example, and the die failing. The "U" is also more prevalent in the finders coin, as not so much in the coinfacts example. Pretty KOOL! Nice ID and wonderful example of Rarer variety Conn! This would be an example of a dug copper that a Conn. collector would want. CONGRATULATIONS! Hogge.
 
Hate looking to ID Conn's. Too many! Don nailed it! If you look close enough.....you can actually pick out the die crack in the finders coin, at the last "C" in Connec. Second cinquefoil, before Britania's head, is missing in the example I found to match the finders coin. But that is the only difference I see. OBVIOUSLY is the M33.29-z.7. I looked in "coinfacts" which has an example. This could be an early die state, because the finders coin has the cinquefoil, and the example in coinfacts has a bulge in the reverse where it should be. This would indicate a later example, and the die failing. The "U" is also more prevalent in the finders coin, as not so much in the coinfacts example. Pretty KOOL! Nice ID and wonderful example of Rarer variety Conn! This would be an example of a dug copper that a Conn. collector would want. CONGRATULATIONS! Hogge.

Oh wow that is so cool thank you for the help. With over 300 varietys of cts I wouldnt even know where to begin to type it.
 
Congratulations on that beautiful copper.Hope it turns out to be a rare variety for you.-HH
 
I think with that rarity and condition I could cross CT off the list!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom