What's new

Ive been waiting for this day for a lonnnnngggg time......

Rosco Bookbinder

Full Member
Joined
May 26, 2007
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250. Are there others?
I've been waiting for this day for a lonnnnngggg time......

Decided to do some bank hopping today. Ended up going to six different banks I"ve never been to before. When I would walk into a bank I would tell the teller I was going to make her day. I was going to buy all the halves they had in the bank. Guess what. THEY MADE MY DAY!!!!!. While waiting for one bank to get the halves from the vault I was talking to a teller. She had 4 halves in her tray. She shows them to me, I see a silver, she asks what it is I look for. I said.......Oh just certain dates and such. She says.....Why is this one so much different?? I look at it, it's a 65. I say......It's only a 65, they are different colors sometimes. I told her I would buy them just to use for "fillers". She sells me the 2 bux worth. SCORE while waiting for the stuff from the vault...
I got loose and hand rolls today. 122 hand rolled (some $20 rolls) and $4.50 loose.

1. 5 hand rolls $5.00 loose 0 40's 0 90's
2. 1 hand roll 5 40's 3 90's
3. 7 hand rolls 0 40's 0 90's
4. 7 hand rolls 5 40's 1 90
5 82 hand rolls 59 40's 34 90's (including 3 Bens and a Walker) 93 proof, Bicen proof
6. 20 hand rolls 23 40's 0 90's 79 proof

Totals for the day were......93 40's and 38 90's. Total money $1227 for the day.

The bank at #5 had some $20 rolls and $10 rolls. They had to be the "grandma dumped them off" batch. One of the rolls was >>>ALL 64'S<<<<!!!! Some of the rolls had 5 or more 40's (one with 11) and one had 14 64's the 3 Bens, the Walker and 2 40's in it.

I'm happy I didn't take the time to change the oil in my truck today. It can wait........ehehehe.....
 

Attachments

  • 10-11-07_bank_hopping.webp
    10-11-07_bank_hopping.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 445
Upvote 0
Re: I've been waiting for this day for a lonnnnngggg time......

Very, very nice. But you just wiped out the stash that was going to make me very happy over the winter. ;)

Seriously, Glad to see that bank hunting is still paying off. I just have been to busy to properly manage my banks. They haven't had a good triming in a few monthes now. :D

Nobody get any bright IDEAS though. Athens is still in my territory (just kidding, ... maybe). ;D

HH.
 
Re: I've been waiting for this day for a lonnnnngggg time......

Nice load. Congrats, HH Mark
 
Re: I've been waiting for this day for a lonnnnngggg time......

Rosco Bookbinder said:
They had to be the "grandma dumped them off" batch.
Nice score Bro. That's 5.33% find rate. Sweet........ BTW, could be grandma's dump, could be a stolen coin dump or it could be someone who just doesn't want to mess with a coin shop. Doesn't matter, they are all yours now. Looks like I might get a good Christmas gift from you this year....... I could always use a few more Walkers or Bens (108 combined just isn't enough)........LOL
 
Re: I've been waiting for this day for a lonnnnngggg time......

I meant to add this. You keep looking and telling me the CRHing isn't good up there. You have experienced the lows. Now it's time to savor the high.................
 
Re: I've been waiting for this day for a lonnnnngggg time......

awhitster said:
Looks like I might get a good Christmas gift from you this year....... I could always use a few more Walkers or Bens (108 combined just isn't enough)........LOL

You'll get the same as last year. NADA. And go find your own ladies and bennies...heehhe
 
Re: I've been waiting for this day for a lonnnnngggg time......

awhitster said:
Rosco Bookbinder said:
They had to be the "grandma dumped them off" batch.
Nice score Bro. That's 5.33% find rate. Sweet.

That's the silver keeper rate. Assuming you kept the proofs too, that raised it to 5.46%............even sweeter !

Most excellent !
 
Re: I've been waiting for this day for a lonnnnngggg time......

thurmownator said:
That's the silver keeper rate. Assuming you kept the proofs too, that raised it to 5.46%............even sweeter !
Most excellent !
I keep all the proofs I find and this time as has been lately, the three I found I didn't have. I've been finding quite a few lately.
 

Attachments

  • proofs.webp
    proofs.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 377
Re: I've been waiting for this day for a lonnnnngggg time......

Rosco Bookbinder said:
Rosco Bookbinder said:
awhitster said:
Looks like I might get a good Christmas gift from you this year....... I could always use a few more Walkers or Ben's (108 combined just isn't enough)........LOL

You'll get the same as last year. NADA. And go find your own ladies and bennies...heehhe
I keep all the proofs I find and this time as has been lately, the three I found I didn't have. I've been finding quite a few lately.
OK, I have enough Lady's and Ben's. I will put a few of those proofs you have doubles of on my Christmas wish list instead....LOL
 
Re: I've been waiting for this day for a lonnnnngggg time......

Nice score! Who cares about an oil change? With all that silver, you can buy a new engine. ;D
 
Re: I've been waiting for this day for a lonnnnngggg time......

Good score!
That's the way to pile them up!
Congrats!
 
Re: I've been waiting for this day for a lonnnnngggg time......

Awesome! Wouldn't it be great if every CRHer could experience that?!?!

I've done it twice, and waiting for my third! ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom