What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED I’ve been wanting to know if this is for a long time

Truth

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
14,366
Reaction score
32,167
Golden Thread
2
Location
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s got that lead patina on it and it’s flat as you see then it gets round and then there’s a shark tip. I’ve racked my brain on this particular piece and I kept it and I just found it so maybe one of y’all can help me out
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    2 MB · Views: 191
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
It’s got that lead patina on it and it’s flat as you see then it gets round and then there’s a shark tip. I’ve racked my brain on this particular piece and I kept it and I just found it so maybe one of y’all can help me out
Is it metal, wood, stone? Does a magnet stick to it? At first I wanted to say a handle to a trowel but the point has me baffled? Location of find? Did you find metal detecting?
 
Upvote 1
Is it metal, wood, stone? Does a magnet stick to it? At first I wanted to say a handle to a trowel but the point has me baffled? Location of find? Did you find metal detecting?
I found it Metal Detecting and I thought it was led due to the Patina but I might be wrong. It definitely was a head scratcher so I kept it and it’s been in the back of my display case driving me nuts. I have to find a magnet I’ll get back with you. I appreciate you taking a look it’s such an odd shape of flat to round cylinder to a point. Weird
 
Upvote 1
10 pounds?
1/4 ounce?

A spring end could ride on the pointed end inside a cylinder. And the flat end be a latch/fit in a mortise or similar catch.

IF it had a protrusion on the top of the last picture it would be a little like the mechanism on a snap hook for a horse or dog lead. (Pronounced " Leed" not heavy metal "lead".) that has a spring behind it.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
1K
Replies
1
Views
375
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom