J. Bibb and I go: Dig "A"way behind the Confederate Lines! VIDEOS ADDED

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J. Bibb and I go: Dig "A"way behind the Confederate Lines! VIDEOS ADDED

What's up guys. These are my better finds from the previous two hunts. The first dig I went back to the Civil War Camp that I dug a lot of goodies off of and figured I’d try to dig a few more items. I was there about 10 minutes and had an Eagle button and two Minies in the pouch when I got a Button signal that was hitting abit ‘irony’. It was a solid signal though and barely a couple inches down. Well, I found out the reason it was sounding irony as soon as the plug was turned over and saw that Iron-Backed Confederate Block “A” staring back at me! That made my day and makes the 2nd Block A found on TNet in a months time as my good friend Civilman found himself one as well up in Maryland (Congrats again man). Rounded the day out with a few more bullets.
Then I invited my good friend James Bibb back down to have another go round behind the Confederate Lines at a Civil War battle site that I have where there's also a colonial hotspot. We stopped off at a couple sites first though, on a nice property across from another where I’d dug some nice Colonial and War of 1812 items. The first 5 minutes there I popped out a Ferdinand VII One Reale (Counterfeit) and then nothing else came up…..that’s how it sometimes goes….that and a significant portion of the property had been ruined with gravel…..
So we headed off to the other site, behind the Confederate Lines where we started to get into those Confederate musketballs and other relics. It began to rain relentlessly on us after about an hour of digging but NO MATTER, our blood was up, and we kept right on digging as if it was a nice warm sunny spring day :icon_sunny: ;D and by the end of the day, we both had a good amount of relics; several bullets, some buttons, I got a threaded piece from a Bormann Fuse from where they were exploding behind the Confederate lines and some other stuff. Found some strap ends that still had all the enamel on them in a colonial area of the site that was used between the 1600s thr. mid-1700s and a beautiful ornate buckle also popped out from about 11 inches down and MADE MY DAY...so without further delay....

Here’s the rest of the finds:

Beautiful Double Oval Buckle from the 1600's site and other finds fresh from the Pouch:
MDPicBlockA.jpg

MDPicBlockA2.jpg

MDPics 016.jpg

Confederate Block "A" Coat Button

Front:
MDPics 019.jpg

Back:
MDPics 020.jpg

Group Shot: of the U.S. Ordnance Cuff Button, 1819 Ferdinand VII One-Reale, Confederate Block "A" and Eagle Buttons
MDPics 029.jpg

MDPics 040.jpg

MDPics 044.jpg

MDPics 047.jpg

MDPics 048.jpg

MDPics 049.jpg

MDPics 051.jpg

Upvote 0

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: J. Bibb and I go: Diggin' "A"way behind the Confederate Lines! VIDEOS ADDED

treasurehound said:
Nice video Josh. Great finds. Hope to see y'all before too long.

Thanks Randy and you too. I'll see you in March for sure! :occasion14:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Excellent finds and video work Bibb! My two 2 diggin buddies right there. Don't be leaving that brush at home any more Josh. :laughing7: Love the buckle too brother

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Woodland Detectors said:
Excellent finds and video work Bibb! My two 2 diggin buddies right there. Don't be leaving that brush at home any more Josh. :laughing7: Love the buckle too brother

Thanks Mike. :occasion14: Yeah, I was cleaning some relics the day before and forgot to put it back in my belt...its all good though as I usually don't like to clean the relics in the field. I usually put them in a bottle and wait to clean them until I'm at home and can do it carefully to keep from damaging the patinas.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

Fantastic bunchof Finds :o
love the buckle & block A!
Too much more to speak of, I'll just continue to drool :wink:

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

steelheadwill said:
Fantastic bunchof Finds :o
love the buckle & block A!
Too much more to speak of, I'll just continue to drool :wink:

:laughing9: :P :wink: Thanks Herbie :occasion14:

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Deep Tech Vista Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You guys need to stop diggin together there wont be anything left! :)

Way to go guys! Some great finds for sure! Almost called you Josh. I was in Richmond last week doing some work on the Lincoln Movie. Been too busy to dig.

-Bob

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rjs123 said:
You guys need to stop diggin together there wont be anything left! :)

Way to go guys! Some great finds for sure! Almost called you Josh. I was in Richmond last week doing some work on the Lincoln Movie. Been too busy to dig.

-Bob

You should've called me Robert, we went out digging on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week and I would've taken you along as well my friend. Don't hesitate next time, just call me up, even if you don't have your detector with you, I'll outfit you out with one of mine. :icon_thumleft: :wink:

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Awsome digs congrats !

looks like you guys got on some nice relics, congratulations on the great finds :thumbsup:

LP

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DANG !!! I wish I could find a place near Virginia Beach to do my first reclic hunt on when Im there for Christmas to see the kids !

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Awsome digs congrats !

PEles said:
looks like you guys got on some nice relics, congratulations on the great finds :thumbsup:

LP

Thanks Pete. Next time I'm down at my parents in Darlington I'll have to invite you up to dig :occasion14:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice haul, gotta love the "A".
Carl

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RTDE3 said:
Man, you guys tore it up Josh! :headbang:
Congrats on a Ton of sweet finds! :thumbsup:

Thanks Rob, give me a call when you get a chance this week :wink: :icon_thumleft:

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other

Wow man what an exciting assortment of finds :headbang:

You dont see many of those 17th century buckles..

Are you far from the Roanoke Colony site? And has anyone ever detected around there :dontknow:

Amazing :notworthy:

Blaze

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread