rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been real lucky to find some nice Jasper pieces this year. I have given the owner 3-4 bases just in case the tips come around but so far nothing just the bottom halves. The scraper is one of the best colors of Jasper I have found to date and will make my top 10 for color this year. The other would of been a nice Triangle type of knife if the tip had been there. Think the cows found it before I did. It rained this morning at 9 am poured down which is good for next weeks field hunt I have already planned to do. They took the corn up in a few fields and the mud was very wet when I drove by on the way to the cow field where I found these. I couldnt stay long due to the heat of the day so I went home and by 3 pm it was pouring again. Fields should be ripe for the plucking when I go have a look :happysmiley:

Attachments

• SDC11641.JPG
    SDC11641.JPG
    668.3 KB · Views: 96
  • SDC11643.JPG
    SDC11643.JPG
    699.6 KB · Views: 86
  • SDC11638.JPG
    SDC11638.JPG
    734.8 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. That is pretty stone. I'm told that there is jasper in NC, but I don't think they ever discovered where.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jasper comes in all colors, in my area we call it chert but most of it is a type of jasper. The stone you are showing looks just like some stuff around here. Very good finds Rock, this new place is paying off very well for you. That piece with the red streak looks like it could have been a knife blade.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jasper comes in all colors, in my area we call it chert but most of it is a type of jasper. The stone you are showing looks just like some stuff around here. Very good finds Rock, this new place is paying off very well for you. That piece with the red streak looks like it could have been a knife blade.:thumbsup:

Ive gotten a lot of properties this year and am allowed in 8 creeks now just guessing but I know at least 1500 acres of fields and land now. If you ask most dont care just as long they know who is on their property and it keeps the rift raft out. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread