What's new

Jersey copper, reale, and large cent

Fattony315

Full Member
Joined
May 17, 2013
Messages
242
Reaction score
521
Golden Thread
1
Location
Up state ny
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.webpimage.webpHunted a site today with 3 friends. 2 of them had hunted it before and found a state copper. Today we started out good right from the start of the hunt. Large cents started popping out of the ground, mine image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp1828. A lot of buttons as we hunted around a hill side. I also popped out a jersey copper 1787 (my first). Picked up an Ihp 1879 and a 1/2 reale. (I need a little help with the id) it appears as if the reale was made into a button at some time. We Had a lot of fun on this hunt. Check out evolutions post too.
 
Upvote 34
Nice selection of oldies for your efforts.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
You had a great day bro. My favorite is that 1/2 real that someone made into a button. I've only seen a couple of those over the years. I'm thinking there's enough detail left on the back to ID it. Definitely a pretty good site we were on today.
 
major salute on the CAESAREA, got mine this spring at the Colonial farm in Kingston, NY, yours is MUCH BETTER
 
THATS A NICE BUNCH OF RELICS YOU GOT THERE ..
 
Just Wow! Love the state copper! Great finds. Congrats! --Lisa & John
 
Congratualtions on the fantastic coin and relic! :occasion14:
 
Tony it took me a few but I believe you have a mid 1700s (1746-1759) Fernando VI half real cufflink or button. I love these real ones. I have a 1772. They also made facsimiles of these but the real deal is way cooler in my opinion. You boys killed it. Congrats
 
This is a pic of one
IMG_0112.webp
 
:occasion14: Congratulations , nice recoveries!


CMD ~~~~~~~
 
ID On Jersey is M-34-J.. "Deer Head". Common. Nice Find.
 
congrats on a good day! btw, it's "real" and not "reale"
 
Wow that reale/button is really cool, love the copper too, great hunt!
 
Sweet Spanish silver real cufflink! Guys are always very happy to find those, great find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom