St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The famous Spanish Treasure Fleet lost in the Florida hurricane of 17something that Mel Fisher found - hundreds (thousands?) of tons of bullion - was that gold mined in Mexico ? South America ? Old Mexico/California/Arizona/New Mex ? is it a mystery ?

No not a mystery they know were it came from there has been tons of research done on the recovery of that treasure.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The famous Spanish Treasure Fleet lost in the Florida hurricane of 17something that Mel Fisher found - hundreds (thousands?) of tons of bullion - was that gold mined in Mexico ? South America ? Old Mexico/California/Arizona/New Mex ? is it a mystery ?

You should do a bit more research on the subject. Fisher found one ship from one fleet that a hurricane wiped out in 1622. There were several treasure fleets that were decimated by hurricanes. The two largest losses came from the 1622 fleet and the 1715 (Plate) Fleet. There are no "KNOWN" Jesuit owned ships in any of the lost fleets.

The Atocha was a Spanish Ship. The manifest of the Atocha is a matter of public record. With the exception of smuggled and worn gold and gems, every bar, coin, and emerald is listed in the official manifest.

Mike

Last edited:

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sorry guys - Iā€™ve made some lazy posts lately. Iā€™ll try and do my ā€˜homeworkā€™ before posting such questions.

My thoughts behind that question were of the mentioned rumors of Fisher searching the interior western US because he recovered treasure that he suspected was sourced from N. America.

Iā€™ll search the forums and post back later.

edit: Sorry Mike , I realize now im way Off Topic in your thread. Please disregard

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry guys - Iā€™ve made some lazy posts lately. Iā€™ll try and do my ā€˜homeworkā€™ before posting such questions.

My thoughts behind that question were of the mentioned rumors of Fisher searching the interior western US because he recovered treasure that he suspected was sourced from N. America.

Iā€™ll search the forums and post back later.

edit: Sorry Mike , I realize now im way Off Topic in your thread. Please disregard

I've seen an original correspondence from the Fisher group regarding obtaining rights to certain mining claims on a mountain in the Pinos Altos Range in NM. The mountain was once known by the Hispanic community as Santo Nino de Atocha, who is the Patron Saint of the region. Interestingly, the letter not only referred to gold, but also emeralds. The letter also made a passing reference to another site in Utah. I would have photographed the letter, but I was unprepared and didn't have a camera with me. I remember that the letter was dated after Mel Fisher's passing and that, as I recall, Fisher's son had signed it.

Here's the front window of the old Catholic church in Pinos Altos. Santo Nino is forever gazing at the PA Range.

018.JPG

029.JPG

yamazues

Feb 18, 2014
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know many of the IJA symbols and sign translations, but what I am interested in, is what are the Jesuit treasure markers and signs? I know many will probably overlap the IJA, but sure some are different.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread