What's new

JH & CO token?

dirtdigger1581

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2011
Messages
591
Reaction score
270
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JH & CO token?

Found this yesterday...Not sure what I've got here. Penny is for size reference only. JH & CO on one side, and pretty much blank on the other except for the reeding around the edge. What's your guess???? :dontknow:

Happy Hunting!

-Nate
 

Attachments

  • 12-14-11token.webp
    12-14-11token.webp
    103.7 KB · Views: 858
Re: JH & CO token?

It's hard to tell with these things, but my guess is a coal chit or tool check tag. Was thre coal mining near where you found it? I did a brief search and found a "Fletcher, JH and Co" that made coal hardware in Huntington, WV.
 
Upvote 0
Re: JH & CO token?

Kevo_DFX said:
It's hard to tell with these things, but my guess is a coal chit or tool check tag. Was thre coal mining near where you found it? I did a brief search and found a "Fletcher, JH and Co" that made coal hardware in Huntington, WV.

I'm not aware of any coal mining here in Suffolk, but I'm new to the area. I appreciate the suggestion.
 
Upvote 0
Re: JH & CO token?

Kevo_DFX said:
It's hard to tell with these things, but my guess is a coal chit or tool check tag. Was thre coal mining near where you found it? I did a brief search and found a "Fletcher, JH and Co" that made coal hardware in Huntington, WV.
[/quote

You might be right Kevo_DFX...I think it might be Scrip. Check out this article: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kyperry3/Scripts_by_Freddie.html
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom