jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you Gone Back to Glen Onoko all you need do is Let a Ranger know You would like to Hunt there, In case they started a Permit System.

also here are tons of PA Info in our Pennsylvania section

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have time to scan through this book you will find many old places. Link here. It's a history of your area. Scroll down past the top advert and at the bottom of the photocopied pages there is an arrow set up that will enable you to turn the pages forward or backward. Old area, lots of great places to hunt. You get to the more "modern" history (after the Indians) by about page 20.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...trying to find some good spots to go between Philadelphia and Scranton...any recommendations?
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to the great state of PA.

JLD11709

Feb 4, 2021
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I am new to metal detecting and trying to find some good spots to go between Philadelphia and Scranton. My 10 yo son loves finding treasure! Does anyone have any recommendations?
You will find a great place quite close to you outside Weisel PA, near Quakertown, PA. There was an old sleep away Camp named Camp Kahagon. There is even a road called Camp Road. The Camp existed from the 1950's through the late 60's. It became part of the Tohekan State Park. The ruins of the Camp remain and there are several hundred acres not searched. Prior the the Camp it was land the goes back to the first settlers and prior to that to the Native Americans. Metal detecting is permitted but few venture to find it. You will find an entrance with even an old Camp Kahagon sign. If you go down the hill, and wear high boots as there are snakes and other creature,, you may come to several bloc areas where the bunks were. There you can find coins, old jewelry and anything that was lost including many of my old memories. I try to get there once in a while but at 75 and living in NY it is difficult. Go and investigate and let me know what you unearth. perhaps if you let me know a head of time I will try to get out there too. I have been there and found old bottles, lost jewelry and many coins. I also have found very old iron from plough heads to several rose head hails. Best of luck and loo or me please!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions