John Swift silver Mines.. clues to the mine...(video by James Scott)

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
No….just wishful thinking.
Well I remember a little story from a relative of mine that lived up above me on the top of the mountain. He told me that when they were working in the two coal mines just under the cliff (bell) that one of the women brought lunch to her fellow one day. She somehow took a short cut back home and found a cave, and inside was a trunk. They went back to find it but had no luck. I've located a cave that you can't see at all. This cave is right under the balanced rock. I'll have pics tomorrow to show you.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever get your ore scientifically tested for the presence of silver?

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
I've sent both water and rock samples off again for a second opinion. The water test will be done by next week. As soon as I here something I'll let you know.
IMG_20220804_173548515.jpg

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
What looks like a chest is actually a fisher rock from probably under the sea. These fishers are all around here. I've got one 30 ft from my cabin in the center of the branch. Chimney Rock branch has all sutty looking rocks in it.
Hey listen the booby traps are real and most of them are still intact. This is as bi as Disney world. Now let's talk methane. Now I know why the methane does what it does here. Swift punched holes all over these mountains and the evidence is clear. The mine tunnels are shaped like an eye and the vents are a half moon and flat . I need to talk to someone about this and yeah wow! Ky Hiker can you please come see me or I'll come to you! Yeah I'm so excited I can't type.

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
Hey listen the booby traps are real and most of them are still intact. This is as bi as Disney world. Now let's talk methane. Now I know why the methane does what it does here. Swift punched holes all over these mountains and the evidence is clear. The mine tunnels are shaped like an eye and the vents are a half moon and flat . I need to talk to someone about this and yeah wow! Ky Hiker can you please come see me or I'll come to you! Yeah I'm so excited I can't type.
Wow I will tell you I'm blown away! My hat goes off for Mr Swift! Was a very remarkable man for sure.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the first picture I see what could be used as a hearth but no chimney. I see what could be old fire marks in the second picture, but to be sure...if that is sand stone... it would have fractured and collapsed when exposed to the intense heat of a furnace in my uneducated opinion. Sometimes sandstone explodes if moist when exposed to high heat. The horizontal layers tell me it is not metamorphic rock...can someone chime in with more geologic knowledge?

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see in person what you have found, see the Swift evidence especially. My current situation has not allowed me to get out at all this last 9 months. Rather not express on here all the details...I hope our situation improves over the colder months, it is the best time to get out and see the rocks for sure.

Last edited:

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, methane tells me your over an oil and/or coal deposit which, as you know, wouldn't be abnormal for that area. You have about 2 days at best for good weather...happy hunting!

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
In the first picture I see what could be used as a hearth but no chimney. I see what could be old fire marks in the second picture, but to be sure...if that is sand stone... it would have fractured and collapsed when exposed to the intense heat of a furnace in my uneducated opinion. Sometimes sandstone explodes if moist when exposed to high heat. The horizontal layers tell me it is not metamorphic rock...can someone chime in with more geologic knowledge?
Well here is the furnace pics and I've located the cave with what looks like coin molds and I will send pics soon. IMG_20221031_121059646.jpg IMG_20221031_120258199.jpg IMG_20221031_120305639.jpg IMG_20221031_115534787.jpg IMG_20221031_120352880.jpg IMG_20221031_120312512.jpg IMG_20221031_114551362.jpg IMG_20221031_120337575.jpg IMG_20221031_120608213.jpg

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you may want to research how a smelting furnace of the 18th century was operated, otherwise your imagination might get the better of you. What would remain of 250 year old furnace within a rock house? Basically a mound of rocks in a rock shelter that don't seem to have fallen from the roof of the rock house. When it was constructed, it would have been packed with clay to seal in between the rocks and to retain heat (1760+ degrees F). An opening to feed the fire charcoals and probably an opening to pump air from some type of bellows. It would have been broader at the base and narrower at the top to focus the heat. Swift claimed he destroyed all evidence of their workings, I would not suspect a large tall chimney would be left...but a nasty stain on the rock house roof is probable!

Last edited:

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
Oh it's getting better and better! I finding evidence of something big that's dead center of my cabin. I've really enjoyed this once in a lifetime event. Make sure to view the turtle pic and zoom in on the trap under it.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm confused. You seem to be seeking a silver mine in a sedimentary rock known to host gas and oil. You don't have to know much geology to know a silver deposit can not exist in those circumstances,

Maybe nearby there are sedimentary rocks that host zinc and lead? (SEDEX) If so there might be a chance of silver/lead ore but not free milling silver. When searching sedimentary rocks for silver deposits you would look for dark gray galena. Silver, if any, would be combined with the galena and zinc.

Here are the known galena deposits in Kentucky along with some pictures of what to look for.

There is one known SEDEX deposit in Kentucky but the silver is only trace amounts and none of the minerals have commercial values.

Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread