John Swift silver Mines.. clues to the mine...(video by James Scott)

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
IMG_20220727_181635507.jpg IMG_20220727_181356284.jpg IMG_20220727_181248831.jpg

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as the compass rock identification may go, I have always thought it would be a rock with the compass rose upon it, not the more modern N S E W. The rose would be more common of the 18th century map making as well as charts used by a sailor. Just my 2 cents.

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
As far as the compass rock identification may go, I have always thought it would be a rock with the compass rose upon it, not the more modern N S E W. The rose would be more common of the 18th century map making as well as charts used by a sailor. Just my 2 cents.
I would say your right. I found stock piles of ore in the clifts. I bet there's 100 caves in that area. There's another mine entrance that I'm going to tomorrow so come join me if you have time. The climb wore me out today!

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say your right. I found stock piles of ore in the clifts. I bet there's 100 caves in that area. There's another mine entrance that I'm going to tomorrow so come join me if you have time. The climb wore me out today!
Good! lets see some pics of that ore and thank you for the invite. I have not got out much at all this year...wife lost her job and has yet to find a new job, so money is tight and prices on everything are too high.

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
Good! lets see some pics of that ore and thank you for the invite. I have not got out much at all this year...wife lost her job and has yet to find a new job, so money is tight and prices on everything are too high.
Well I've found all kinds of evidence on what Swift was doing. As far as I can tell he removed all the gold and silver ore from every clift and buried it. He had his rock masons to cut the small dog house rocks and a lot of them has false bottoms in them. I don't know how much stone is buried but this was a very huge operation and took years to do. It has really blown me away. I'm still wondering how many people worked these mines. After realizing what he was doing I went back to my property and it's even buried there as well. My cabin sits on top of his staged rocks. He moved a lot of gold and silver. It's hid in every hole and under every rock. The number of large arrow heads is staggering.

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
Well I've found all kinds of evidence on what Swift was doing. As far as I can tell he removed all the gold and silver ore from every clift and buried it. He had his rock masons to cut the small dog house rocks and a lot of them has false bottoms in them. I don't know how much stone is buried but this was a very huge operation and took years to do. It has really blown me away. I'm still wondering how many people worked these mines. After realizing what he was doing I went back to my property and it's even buried there as well. My cabin sits on top of his staged rocks. He moved a lot of gold and silver. It's hid in every hole and under every rock. The number of large arrow heads is staggering.

FYI for all those wondering what happened to the video that the OP put here...here is a link to that video.

IMG_20220729_081938460.jpg

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
About two weeks ago ive noticed a different sound around here. It's in every hollow and it's in the streams all over the dry creek area. Yesterday I figured out that methane is blowing from the bottom of the branches and through our this area. There is a fault line here. My tractor is sinking and I've noticed more things that have moved. The gas is blowing hard with a growling noise.
Now I know something is not right and I'll have to evaluate soon. This could be a bad situation. Who do I report this to?

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About two weeks ago ive noticed a different sound around here. It's in every hollow and it's in the streams all over the dry creek area. Yesterday I figured out that methane is blowing from the bottom of the branches and through our this area. There is a fault line here. My tractor is sinking and I've noticed more things that have moved. The gas is blowing hard with a growling noise.
Now I know something is not right and I'll have to evaluate soon. This could be a bad situation. Who do I report this to?
Find a local geologist at a University to confirm...if you are certain then call the county emergency management agency.

Juiced8

Aug 23, 2022
After reading through all of these posts, I would definitely report it to BlindBowman lol you guys could team up!

Fireflash

May 24, 2022
Photo from post #50

Petrograph of snapping turtle ?

Attachments

• BB2A139F-8498-49E5-AD45-8A2E8B9DE79A.jpeg
    BB2A139F-8498-49E5-AD45-8A2E8B9DE79A.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 29
  • 7FFD6250-C435-4328-86DE-E1FA2E322067.jpeg
    7FFD6250-C435-4328-86DE-E1FA2E322067.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 30

Top Member Reactions