Davers
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jan 8, 2013
- Messages
- 8,237
- Reaction score
- 7,296
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- N.of , I-285...GA
- Detector(s) used
- Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I know the diamond shape piece is a 3/4 inch frag likely from a Ball 'but not positive the type'.
The rounded lead piece is a mystery to me could be part of a fuse maybe or modern junk.
The last and largest iron piece has me baffled it was found not far from the diamond shape frag and
where I dug a Boreman 12 lb cannon ball 'top, W/ Fuse hole' last year.
I've check M&M book and looked at lots of images & Cut-away's of shell types but can't find a perfect match.
Thought at first it was part of a Hotchkiss Shell Type but as I said I can't find an exact match.
A Parrot? maybe? It is around 2 3/4 inches in Diameter.
Any help would be appreciated.
May have to contact The Cannon Ball Guy.















The rounded lead piece is a mystery to me could be part of a fuse maybe or modern junk.
The last and largest iron piece has me baffled it was found not far from the diamond shape frag and
where I dug a Boreman 12 lb cannon ball 'top, W/ Fuse hole' last year.
I've check M&M book and looked at lots of images & Cut-away's of shell types but can't find a perfect match.
Thought at first it was part of a Hotchkiss Shell Type but as I said I can't find an exact match.
A Parrot? maybe? It is around 2 3/4 inches in Diameter.
Any help would be appreciated.
May have to contact The Cannon Ball Guy.















Last edited:
Upvote
0








