Jungle Gold. season 2 begins Sunday, Aug. 11.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discovery Channel

The series, centering on gold miners George Wright and Scott Lomu, will have its season-two premiere at 10 p.m. ET on Sunday, Aug. 11.
The pair return to face Ghana's notorious rainy season, armed militia, road blocks and treacherous jungle as they attempt to mine enough gold to pay off their debts and provide a future for their families and for the widow and family of Wally Macias, their former mining partner who died before realizing their dreams of striking it rich.

Sneak Peek

Discovery Sets 'Jungle Gold' Season Premiere (Exclusive)

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you want gold, get off the couch and get out there!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have never watched Jungle Gold... And i know i never will ...... Just like all the detecting shows i do not watch any of them.......

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got finished watching last night's Show.
I nearly doubled over in Pain Laughing When the one guy started dragging their Wash Plant,
& twisting it all to crap :laughing7: it made watching this years show all worth While :laughing7:

I wonder if Production had to pay him to do that ? :laughing9:

As for this Dave Thomas guy, ( trust worthy ?) Although I can understand where he is coming from,
considering they have lied to him since day one & even signed contracts,
promising things they obviously can't deliver,
I don't think he is too bright either getting involved with them.
ad to that he sounds like a woman with PMS thanks to them :laughing7:

I can't wait till next week when it takes a whole new show
for them to go flip some more gold (instead of digging new stuff)
and try to get the track re-installed on the excavator.

My guess if they ever start digging, they are going to need Pumps up the Wazoo,
in order to get down to the gold.

Anyone besides me think an Excavator gets buried in mud & water,
within the next few weeks ?

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I liked about last night episode was the $250,000.00 trommel!
If they cant recover gold with that piece of equipment then shame on them.

I still think they could have salvaged and re built the Chinese washplant but I'm thinking that whole farce was just for show.
Those two lame brains make the Hoffman crew look like seasond sourdoughs. :tongue3:

GG~

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I still think they could have salvaged and re built the Chinese washplant but I'm thinking that whole farce was just for show.
Those two lame brains make the Hoffman crew look like seasond sourdoughs. :tongue3:

GG~

HaHa yea My guess some way , some how they will break the Trommel or in 30 Days
it will be Repoed from under them causing Dave to whine some more :laughing7:

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
In the real world, Dave Thomas would have told the boys to pack up and git, after they failed to come through with their end of the deal! Thomas owed them NOTHING, and is a fool for taking them back in. He has enough native help to do a mining project, and the help is cheap, and it keeps the Chiefs from going on the warpath. Why should he do a 50-50% split with dumb and dumber?

What is absurd about that show is, they left out the most important equipment, and that is guns, guns, and more guns!
Now that the natives know they are unarmed, they are sitting ducks for robbery, and the Chinese miners!

Imagine being able to mine like that without enviro wackos and guvie men always trying to shut you down!

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010

GG~

The key word here, is CHINESE! Guaranteed to break down and fail!:occasion14:

Imagine what our country would be like if we told the Chinese and India, we don't want to play with them anymore? :icon_thumright:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This show has me feeling really good about my own abilities as a miner. In fact I might send Scott and George another picker (insert cough) I mean "nugget" so they each have one. Might even throw in a good size flake for Slider- don't want to overwhelm him. I love it every time they repeat that part, you can't fake that, "Dude- that's the biggest nugget I've ever seen."
I would love to see a serious show about small scale mining and prospecting in different parts of the world. Leave the clowns and dorky sidekick formula in Hollywood. Go with a Kurt Gowdy, American Sportsmen type theme.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the real world, Dave Thomas would have told the boys to pack up and git, after they failed to come through with their end of the deal! Thomas owed them NOTHING, and is a fool for taking them back in. He has enough native help to do a mining project, and the help is cheap, and it keeps the Chiefs from going on the warpath. Why should he do a 50-50% split with dumb and dumber?

What is absurd about that show is, they left out the most important equipment, and that is guns, guns, and more guns!
Now that the natives know they are unarmed, they are sitting ducks for robbery, and the Chinese miners!

Imagine being able to mine like that without enviro wackos and guvie men always trying to shut you down!

There was a Comment made when they parked the Trommel for the night,
That they had plenty of security at the Camp.

so I'll bet any robberies or destruction at camp will be produced for drama.

My guess the production crew have a very heavily armed security crew on scene,
but to appease the anti gun nuts, are keeping it off camera

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This show has me feeling really good about my own abilities as a miner. In fact I might send Scott and George another picker (insert cough) I mean "nugget" so they each have one. Might even throw in a good size flake for Slider- don't want to overwhelm him. I love it every time they repeat that part, you can't fake that, "Dude- that's the biggest nugget I've ever seen."
I would love to see a serious show about small scale mining and prospecting in different parts of the world. Leave the clowns and dorky sidekick formula in Hollywood. Go with a Kurt Gowdy, American Sportsmen type theme.

LOL could almost see that Nugget in his hand :laughing7: may have weighed a whole pennyweight

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a Comment made when they parked the Trommel for the night,
That they had plenty of security at the Camp.

so I'll bet any robberies or destruction at camp will be produced for drama.

My guess the production crew have a very heavily armed security crew on scene,
but to appease the anti gun nuts, are keeping it off camera

I'm with you Jeff plus they're keeping the security off camera to add to the danger factor. Just like when they sneaked into town to sell the gold after hearing gunshots. :laughing7:

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG~
It was pretty clearly made up for the show. Did you see how bad those welds were? Even as bad as some of the bends were, there wasn't a lot that a couple new sticks couldn't have fixed. Any of the bent crap gets reused as shorter pieces elsewhere.

Biggest give a way,.. where did he chain it?

Has anyone see another show where an excavator has lost a track? Did it end the season?

This, now THIS is a wash plant

keitha43

Jun 14, 2013
Moore, Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was pretty clearly made up for the show. Did you see how bad those welds were? Even as bad as some of the bends were, there wasn't a lot that a couple new sticks couldn't have fixed. Any of the bent crap gets reused as shorter pieces elsewhere.

Biggest give a way,.. where did he chain it?

Has anyone see another show where an excavator has lost a track? Did it end the season?

This, now THIS is a wash plant
I think on Gold Rush last season someone had the track come off and they used the excavator bucket to push it back on. Or I was just dreaming.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think on Gold Rush last season someone had the track come off and they used the excavator bucket to push it back on. Or I was just dreaming.
Yeah, I was a bit sarcastic. Dakota Fred & Dustin had that old excavator with track issues and he managed to get it back on just fine with only the bucket.

Did anyone see the building in the background as the camera panned around filming the trommel turning around? That wasn't no shanty.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I was a bit sarcastic. Dakota Fred & Dustin had that old excavator with track issues and he managed to get it back on just fine with only the bucket.

Did anyone see the building in the background as the camera panned around filming the trommel turning around? That wasn't no shanty.

Yes I saw that. It looked like they were on the edge of town mining :laughing7:
(or should I say Pretending to Mine ?)
another one of the things they are hiding.

They could be at someone else's Mine, Pretending the Excivator & land is theres also.
This would explain the Large Garage, or Warehouse

Last edited:

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw a preview the final show is this Sunday. It appears someone pulled the plug.
Ad I saw yesterday said Season Finale and has moved to Friday night. They were running from Africa as wanted men.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread