What's new

Junk, Junk, Junk, Spanish Silver, Junk

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think i'm having my best silver year yet! I got onto a field I only get to visit once or twice a year due to location. Was digging nothing but junk but i've found some great finds here before and it's an old site so I knew there was a chance...and sure enough out pops my second Spanish silver this year! Couldn't be happier with this hunt
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160810_182821_edit.webp
    IMG_20160810_182821_edit.webp
    319.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_20160810_180323_edit_edit.webp
    IMG_20160810_180323_edit_edit.webp
    83.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_20160810_180338_edit_edit.webp
    IMG_20160810_180338_edit_edit.webp
    71 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 70
Here's a shot of the cleaned coin...was glad that the iron corrosion came off without any issues.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160811_084121_edit_edit.webp
    IMG_20160811_084121_edit_edit.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20160811_084113_edit.webp
    IMG_20160811_084113_edit.webp
    100.9 KB · Views: 85
Beautiful coin. Congratulations sir!
 
Wow that's a REAL Spanish silver, not Mexican or Peruvian like you usually see in the States. Great pistareen!
 
very very nice!
 
Here's a shot of the cleaned coin...was glad that the iron corrosion came off without any issues.
Cleaned up nice. That's the same mint (Seville) and Assayer as the one I got in April. You don't see many of these Portrait, or "Head" Pistareens dug in North America.
 

Attachments

  • Two Reale - F.webp
    Two Reale - F.webp
    414.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Two Reale = B.webp
    Two Reale = B.webp
    428.3 KB · Views: 82
Awesome old silver, great shape! :occasion14:
 
The prettiest Spanish 2R I have laid my eyes on!
 
Awesome find!! Congrats on the REAL Spanish silver!
 
That's an awesome coin, I have looked at 10 times.
 
That's a pretty silver coin. Tons of detail left. Sweet!
 
Wow! That is a beauty!
 
Thats a pretty Spanish silver, you done good. Get back in that junk and see what else is waiting for you.
 
Congrats there buddy, fantastic find.
ZDD
 
Good find.
Been way too long since Spanish got under my coil.
 
YEAH I would take that junk ALL DAY LONG knowing I had a Spanish Silver waiting for me. Very Nice
 
Such a great feeling when old silver pops out of the dirt. That's a beautiful piece and a type we dont see very often. Congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom