All Treasure Hunting

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Garage sale skul·dug·ger·y skullduggery (noun) underhanded or unscrupulous behavior; trickery.
10 bucks.. all I have is a 20...sorry no change. Hey buy another 10 dollars worth of stuff!!

Dude, been a while man, where you been.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Its not even about the price or product; the seller acts as if buyers should have the correct amount of money and barks at the buyer over. Likely his poor reaction towards the customer out of embarrassment due to his own negligence. or the seller is truly fullontard and actually thinks customers should physically know his prices before even arriving to sale, before even knowing if or what they will purchase.

Seller screwed up from the get go, and instead of owning he took the other route and acted like it was the buyers fault.

I remember another very poor well know reaction that Mac Donalds pulled way back in the day. Customer got an egg mc muffin with a condom on it; they treated the customer like it was her fault, customer called the police, they still acted like it was her own fault. Got turned into a criminal investigation, lots of money was wasted to find out who put that on there, even in the court room mac donalds lawyer still acted like it was her fault, they paid millions for that and would have gotten away with paying less had they not insisted that it is the customers fault.

some folks make mistakes and own it, some do not own up to it, others just should not have any dealings with the public at all.

Wrong buyer and seller crossed paths. "Woof! Woof!" It will happen again....

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least I know who I'm dealing with on here, when it comes to the moonbats and snowflakes. But then that wasn't really any surprise. I've been on here long enough to know what the deal is with a certain type of folk here. I'll just say I'm not a versatile guy myself, I walk a straight, narrow line and don't play no Bullshizz.

20 years ago I probably would have punched that mofo in the mouth and not thought twice about it. Believe that.
There is a reason I work for myself.

With that I'm over that POS and the couple of whiners on here. Peace brother to the rest of you. Good luck picking.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least I know who I'm dealing with on here, when it comes to the moonbats and snowflakes. But then that wasn't really any surprise. I've been on here long enough to know what the deal is with a certain type of folk here. I'll just say I'm not a versatile guy myself, I walk a straight, narrow line and don't play no Bullshizz.

20 years ago I probably would have punched that mofo in the mouth and not thought twice about it. Believe that.
There is a reason I work for myself.

With that I'm over that POS and the couple of whiners on here. Peace brother to the rest of you. Good luck picking.

Moonbats...lol. I'm with ya, 10 or 20 yrs ago i would have handled things...my own way...probably not the BEST way by any means, but I would've walked away with some dignity intact. Ddf.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you both handled that poorly.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my day went well. Was able to use the air brush for the first time. I am impressed and wonder why I didnt get one sooner. I also received a new video card for a pc build, max out a old windows 7 which moves faster than my new windows 10. Have a sound card and upgraded memory coming too. Ebay was the best price, and newegg had the vintage video card I needed. But still cannot play my games from the past. So pulling out the Windows 98 and start upgrading it also. Also opened the mail box and there was a mastercard in there for the wife, plus she received a good size check for some book keeping she does. Yes there are people out there who get bent for any reason, sorry to hear your troubles. My wheels are still down so no tents for me. Wish me luck in the install, been awhile since I added anything more than memory.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know why things have gotten this way, because it is legally enforced that you can not hand out common sense whoopins. Ignorant trolls have become such a social norm. Go back 40 years and crack the same fella in mouth for popin off and deliver a few more for good measure.

But it all started with those parents who did not hit, then over time developed into acting like a victim when these sort screw up.

Ignorance needs to be taxed greatly, they should be made to register and inform their neighbors that they are blithering tards, back of the bus, separate parking lots, segregated public stores with limited supplies and variety, no access to natural resources like fishing or hunting, swim rings enforced around their necks in public swimming areas so that life guards can protect the productive members of society, no computers or other networking devices other than a single land line per house hold with a cord.

Their foot print has grown, and it has not helped anyone.

Maybe its just me but I already thought it was getting really bad when weights for cardio started getting rubber coated. Like really you tard, its a weight, do not hit your self, others or anything
Been saying for ten years or so, "I guess common sense ain't so common anymore........." With that being said, I think common sense should be classed as a super power since it's so rare.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a guy hold a rifle for me while I ran home for roll change once. :laughing7:
Nice of him to do.

I keep a mix squirreled in one pocket for just such an event as no change.
Actually I have multiple pockets occupied for varied scenario's....
Have found other items to add (at a discount too) to burn the balance, as the seller has an interest in a sale at that point.

I don't make an offer and whip out a big bill to pay for a couple dollars. That's just harsh. Doable yes, but feels off to me.

Haha. This made me laugh.. friend said no one wears cargo shorts anymore... really!? Too bad! $1s over here. Main wad here, big bills bottom left and cell phone back right. Keys up front. And $40 on the other side front. A dang purse in the form of shorts!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you both handled that poorly.

Found the seller. "Agree to disagree" haha. If the seller copped the attitude first, especially on his first sale that day, then I would have given him the same lesson, smile, and walk away. I would have only come back, or changed my angle of approach if it was gold or silver for pennies on the dollar. (Or I would have snagged some BS items to get closer to $20 and give the guy what he thought was a victory haha)

I host 2-3 yard sales per year and step one to any successful yard sale is to have a mountain of change available. I regularly take 50's and 100's from the Hispanics in my area who spend 15-20 bucks on a pair of earrings and some jeans. They work hard and get paid in big bills on Thursdays and Fridays, and I respect any sale. Bank of Brad makes change for them. Never caught a bad bill. *knocks on wood.

orange_sweetheart

Sep 5, 2014
Denton, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around here in North Texas, the SELLER happily makes change if he/she wants to sell something. I've never heard of such foolishness!

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe the Mofo didn't know how to make change without a cash register telling him the amount.

Basic math is a lost skill nowadays, try giving the cashier at fast food place a $20 and $1 for $5.44 purchase their eyes glaze over if they already entered $20 as the amount taken in.

I generally keep small bills with me in case I go to lunch with coworkers and need to split the bill, I always put in my amount, everyone else has $20's or uses plastic.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the Mofo didn't know how to make change without a cash register telling him the amount.

Basic math is a lost skill nowadays, try giving the cashier at fast food place a $20 and $1 for $5.44 purchase their eyes glaze over if they already entered $20 as the amount taken in.

I generally keep small bills with me in case I go to lunch with coworkers and need to split the bill, I always put in my amount, everyone else has $20's or uses plastic.

Not just "nowadays". People have been too stupid to make change forever. Because I was so responsible, my folks always asked me to run errands for them. I remember paying for something at a drug store in the mid 1960's and receiving back the correct change for a 20 - plus the 20 that i gave him. When I tried to explain to him that he gave me too much back, he flew into a wild fury, cursed me out and I left. I think that event may have helped me to develop the skill of mentally calculating the cost of even a shopping cart of groceries, and how much change I expect - before checking out.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Man this is still going on, this is starting to act like snowflake repellent on here.
Diggumup you should post that fellas address on here.

Bet he is a member, he is one of the Tnet members in the Draft Dodger MD Club who hates cops and military. The DDC, helping cowards cross borders and invent medical issues across America.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sellers like that come with the garage sale territory. If they had a lot of sense, would they be selling items worth hundreds for a few dollars? The very fact you are at a garage sale means you’re probably dealing with someone not as sharp as you. (Lots of exceptions to that — I have garage sales lol) But you get paid for the hassle and choose to be there, so why sweat it? Move on, there’s a better deal down the road.

I mostly avoid garage sales because my pet peeve is not finding a sale because of bad signage in dumb places. I do estate sales because the sellers know how to sell. But on the other hand, I’m not buying things for pennies on the dollar like at a garage sale either.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not just "nowadays". People have been too stupid to make change forever. Because I was so responsible, my folks always asked me to run errands for them. I remember paying for something at a drug store in the mid 1960's and receiving back the correct change for a 20 - plus the 20 that i gave him. When I tried to explain to him that he gave me too much back, he flew into a wild fury, cursed me out and I left. I think that event may have helped me to develop the skill of mentally calculating the cost of even a shopping cart of groceries, and how much change I expect - before checking out.

True not just 'nowadays' but I think the percentage of people unable to do basic math has increased since everyone has a calculator now. When I was in my teens (late 70's) I worked a store that had an old mechanical cash register, I used to have to mentally calculate the 4% sales tax and punch it in the register.

Like to think I'm good at math, but somehow I think it is a good idea to burn $4 in gas to get to site and dig $2 in old change - maybe I'm just not as sharp as I think.

Have fun out there,

Pete

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sellers like that come with the garage sale territory. If they had a lot of sense, would they be selling items worth hundreds for a few dollars? The very fact you are at a garage sale means you’re probably dealing with someone not as sharp as you. (Lots of exceptions to that — I have garage sales lol) But you get paid for the hassle and choose to be there, so why sweat it? Move on, there’s a better deal down the road.

I mostly avoid garage sales because my pet peeve is not finding a sale because of bad signage in dumb places. I do estate sales because the sellers know how to sell. But on the other hand, I’m not buying things for pennies on the dollar like at a garage sale either.
The first thing I do is before I leave the house is to have a list and know where I'm actually going. I don't depend on some :tard: schmuck's signs. I wouldn't base someone's intelligence on whether or not they have garage sales either. I am not in the habit of missing an opportunity to find something good just because it's not an "estate" sale. I go to both and find things for pennies on the dollar at both. :o

Also, I did move on down the road, I thought I'd explained that several times already :icon_scratch:. Just felt like venting on here to fellow pickers about the stupidity of the average American, that's all. This guy was my age, in his 50's. I expected more I guess from someone that age. This whole thing was a reminder, lest I forget, I've been surrounded by fools my entire life. It's not just the young ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread