Just a quartz rock i busted with a lot of minerials.

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
January 28th 2018 inside of quartz rock 015.JPG January 28th 2018 inside of quartz rock 019.JPG

Not very good photos just a glance. Work on better ones later.

Last edited:

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would crush some samples of that and see what pans out, heavy mineralized quartz like that could contain gold values, that's very good looking, as far as potential

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey loco oro how ya doing? Yeah that rock has some green in it too but hard to see in the magnefied Photo. Maybe copper. streak test yellow. Magnet test its not iron pyrite so don't know. Thanks for looking and its good to be able to post something again.

Upvote 0

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am good, thanks for asking, well pyrite streaks black or dark grayish,and also is not magnetic, as for being copper, its not likely from the pics I see, native copper is unmistakable, and this does not look like any copper ores,although the yellow streak could be one of the iron minerals I see,gold streaks gold,I still suggest crushing some to as fine a grain as you can accomplish, then pan,your location warrants a constant vigil as you explore those viens, there were 2 gold mines not far from ya,very cool ,keep posting.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yellow streak is likely from the limonite coating. Green could be malachite if it contains copper-sulfides.
I'd also crush and pan to check for gold.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Eu_citzen for the info, you have helped me a lot. Great to see you still going and helping those that need it like me. I have been off for a while but its good to be back.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you back G Freeman :) Luck on that stone.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks DDancer, seems like old times with all my friends that have helped me so much. I have got to find some more to post.

Upvote 0

bandti7

Jan 13, 2017
cali
Detector(s) used
Makro*JeoHunter*3D Dual System. Some others still updateing.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks a lot like what I find in my yard, I'd crush and sample it by paning it to see if there is gold, I still have a bunch to crush and sample �� I just figured out how to actually find gold and property pan for it about 3 weeks ago =p it took me a year! I was teaching my self how. Let me know if you want me to post some of the rocks I have to compare.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bandti7 Yes post a few so I can see them. I can not catch on to the panning process but going to Tennessee to see a friend of mine that is great with all this stuff and take some of samples to him to pan for me.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread