Just a whale full of nails.....

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I worked a small area of the old foundation in our yard with mostly the pinpointer and a magnet and I felt like a kid again playing in a big sand box! Nails, chain from a chain saw, a bit of glass, and a bottle cap..but still was fun!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506989112.323627.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506989124.980019.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506989136.244165.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506989162.296965.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506989162.296965.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Upvote 22

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Creative display for your nails!
Good job!
Hey, you weren't Playing In The Sandbox,
you were WORKING, and having FUN doing it...!

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, eyemustdigtreasure! OK I'll go with that.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks more like a beaver, porcupine cave style :laughing7:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good.....neat display.. :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I do reclaimed wood and just doing some 215+yrs old pine flooring to repurpose for my own home floors. Square nail removal, pinpointer still missed 4 of the tiny tack shanks in the wood, my buddy is hating them as well for the damage it does to the cutting edges of the jointer and planers. Though over the years is crazy on how many different size nails and tacks I've recovered and taken out of wood or the soils detecting.
Artisans repurpose sq. nails for their art pieces and it's a cool way of seeing different things.

BTW I'm liking the spike!

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I do reclaimed wood and just doing some 215+yrs old pine flooring to repurpose for my own home floors. Square nail removal, pinpointer still missed 4 of the tiny tack shanks in the wood, my buddy is hating them as well for the damage it does to the cutting edges of the jointer and planers. Though over the years is crazy on how many different size nails and tacks I've recovered and taken out of wood or the soils detecting.
Artisans repurpose sq. nails for their art pieces and it's a cool way of seeing different things.

BTW I'm liking the spike!

Pepperj,
It sounds like you have a neat home project going on! I will bet your floor comes out amazing and your home so quaint! I rather enjoyed the nail hunting and was surprised at how many were in a concentrated area. I wondered if there was a pile of wood with nails burned in this area of the foundation. Also surprising was that most of them were straight and not too rusty! I do save them. My husband has used a few on the rare occasion he restores a clock cabinet. I want to learn more about tumbling some finds and cleaning up a bit for display. Best of luck with your floor!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that you're keeping them all. They're in good shape and look great when used in reproducing early furniture, but since cut nails are a bit on the soft side and don't drive well in heart pine, it helps to drill a slightly smaller pilot hole first.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Somebody get that beached Narwhal back in the water! Your art brought a smile to my face. Very whimsical, thanks for posting

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking old nails. I like the artwork you created with them.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done sir! The nail art made me smile.

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Somebody get that beached Narwhal back in the water! Your art brought a smile to my face. Very whimsical, thanks for posting

Yay! You recognized my narwhal! Thanks for your warm comment. I Now that the nails are dry, I have to organize and store them along with my other million things :).

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yay! You recognized my narwhal! Thanks for your warm comment. I Now that the nails are dry, I have to organize and store them along with my other million things :).

It was tough not to call it a nailwahl :laughing7:

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it! I keep all the square nails I find if they are in good condition. I occaionally build furniture out of old wood, barn wood, drift wood, etc. and I use the square nails sometimes. I have found quite a few copper square nails as well. I don't know why I like something that is not really a valuable thing, but I do!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nailed it!
LOL!
Awesome display!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread