What's new

Just an Enfield?

Rich in Houston

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
476
Reaction score
199
Golden Thread
0
Location
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug this one today. I thought it was an Enfield that looks dropped. But it looks to be tapered down towards the bottom..
Any thoughts?
Shorter than a regular Enfield.

Measures at about
.987 T
.566 D
.476 W-grains
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7908.webp
    IMG_7908.webp
    1 MB · Views: 303
  • IMG_7916 (1).webp
    IMG_7916 (1).webp
    297.8 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_7914.webp
    IMG_7914.webp
    278.7 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_7910.webp
    IMG_7910.webp
    108.1 KB · Views: 264
I think this is a Dropped field cast.
 
It definitely looks like an Enfield bullet. I wonder if this one was whittled on and carved, tapering the base down. Either way, a dropped field cast or a carved bullet, it is a good find for sure. An ole' Johhny' most likely did whatever to this bullet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom