What's new

Just Barely!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I just barely found some silver last night. Eight tenths of a gram to be exact! Melt value: $.39.

I went to this janky old house last night. I went once before, and found nothing, but it looks so good, I just can't resist. Obviously it has been hunted in the past. as there are not many signals.

I was able to scratch up the following:

- Small unknown item. Found a similar one, but can not ID.
- 1941D Wheatie
- 2001 Chuck E Cheese token.
- Sterling ring. It was right at the end of the hunt, and this little girls ring appears to save the hunt. Whew...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150831_193056_724.webp
    IMG_20150831_193056_724.webp
    992.8 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_20150831_204910_124-1.webp
    IMG_20150831_204910_124-1.webp
    306.8 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20150831_204528_788-1.webp
    IMG_20150831_204528_788-1.webp
    183.9 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Upvote 48
That ring is old and pretty, nice work on Chuck too!
 
Hey silver is silver, good job on the ring
 
Funny how something so small and not even worth a dollar can make your day.

Great find that little silver ring!!
 
That yard, judging from the pic u sent, reeked of being hammered previously. What about across the street, sidewalks, surrounding woods etc?
 
That yard, judging from the pic u sent, reeked of being hammered previously. What about across the street, sidewalks, surrounding woods etc?

The house sits on 12 acres, there is a yard around the house, then waist high grass fallow fields! I have "almost" convinced myself to cut the yard grass, but it is hot and dry here, and that sounds like really hard work! The owner said that she did not give anyone permission to hunt, but I am with you, so few targets indicates that someone has pounded the place. Oh well, they missed that ring!
 
Nice little ring, good job Tom.
 
Better than nothing!
 
Nice little ring..
 
Nice finds CT. Love the little girls ring. But speaking of little girls rings didn't you find another one just last week also? Now where exactly do you claim to be hunting??:dontknow:
 
Nice finds CT. Love the little girls ring. But speaking of little girls rings didn't you find another one just last week also? Now where exactly do you claim to be hunting??:dontknow:

I found the "ruby" one on Sunday, and the plain one on Monday. Back to back little girl's rings!

Here is what I think: Girls are way more likely to have rings on, than boys. So you are way more likely to find girl's rings. Secondly, it is a scientifically proven fact that girls are not as smart as boys, they are more scatterbrained, hence, more likely to lose things.

Here is a pic of both of them.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150831_205014_466-1.webp
    IMG_20150831_205014_466-1.webp
    105.7 KB · Views: 120
I found the "ruby" one on Sunday, and the plain one on Monday. Back to back little girl's rings!

Here is what I think: Girls are way more likely to have rings on, than boys. So you are way more likely to find girl's rings. Secondly, it is a scientifically proven fact that girls are not as smart as boys, they are more scatterbrained, hence, more likely to lose things.

Here is a pic of both of them.

Cool rings but I see MsBeepBeep smacking you now CT....It was nice knowing ya :laughing7:
 
I found the "ruby" one on Sunday, and the plain one on Monday. Back to back little girl's rings!

Here is what I think: Girls are way more likely to have rings on, than boys. So you are way more likely to find girl's rings. Secondly, it is a scientifically proven fact that girls are not as smart as boys, they are more scatterbrained, hence, more likely to lose things.

Here is a pic of both of them.

First, the ring. If I am not mistaken rings that say sterling are older then rings market .925 so good job. Regarding this here post all I can say is "can of worms"
 
Nice! Silver is silver in any size!
You did better than I did.

ROTF! They improve with age!
 
Last edited:
I'll be back up Msbeepbeep! Congrats on the ring Carolina Tom.
 
Tom, you aren't going to get many guys to agree with you ( not in public anyway ). I'd like to see you buy that little ring for a buck! It's a nice one. I agree that old house just looks like there ought to be some silvers!
 
Nice looking older silver ring. At least your hunt was saved.
 
Nice ring to save your silver day
 
NICE FINDS THERE NC TOM.
 
Nice hunt! Congrats on the silver.
I had to look up janky. Now that's how I feel..:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom