just bought our first ATV

texasvarmit

Oct 6, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold, Fisher CZ5 quicksilver, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We just bought our first ATV, a used 2005 Polaris four wheel with the bike steering, 330cc engine, got 4 new tires put on it and are using it at our place in Oklahoma. It is cool.
attachment.php

Main purpose of it is to carry 50 lb sacks of deer corn up the 1/2 mile long trail which rises 150 feet vertically, and has been a bear to carry those bags up that hill by hand. this will make it easier. Goes right up the hill no problem. would loved to have had a new "side by side" but those are out of my budget.

Last edited:

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice first ride Texasvarmit . You'll find that ATV help quite a bit around home . Then of course you can enjoy them in your free time to ....:thumbsup:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just bought our first ATV, a used 2005 Polaris four wheel with the bike steering, 330cc engine, got 4 new tires put on it and are using it at our place in Oklahoma. It is cool.
attachment.php

Main purpose of it is to carry 50 lb sacks of deer corn up the 1/2 mile long trail which rises 150 feet vertically, and has been a bear to carry those bags up that hill by hand. this will make it easier. Goes right up the hill no problem. would loved to have had a new "side by side" but those are out of my budget.
Go to Tractor Supply and buy a Fiber dump trailer. Easy to use and much safer then putting the weight on your atv, I think when i Bought mine i paid 300 dollars

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good units 🤘
Keep the oil and air filter clean and it will serve you well.
Any problems hit me up 🤠

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a Dump cart made of a fiber material. NOT METAL> I first bought a metal one and it came apart while doing trail work for one of my horse clubs. They allowed me to exchange it of the fiber one and i was HAPPY AS COULD BE,. I had the fiber one for maybe 6 to 8 years and just sold it last month. This is the ONE i bought the second time and EXTRemeLY HAPPY WITH IT. The metal one came apart hauling 5 pails if Crushed stone about 1/2 mile into the trail

Untitled.jpg

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring it on up I'll get it back to 1 piece 😉🤠
Like I say, Still cheaper then a new one🤘

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring it on up I'll get it back to 1 piece 😉🤠
Like I say, Still cheaper then a new one🤘
It was a good bike when it ran, I think the float was sticking on the carb. It would drip gas out of the bottom all the time and it would run for a while then flood out.

Gare those wagons are really nice to have.

1680958432606.jpeg

1680959061759.jpeg

Last edited:

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My back hurts now, thanks 😂🤣
Is that a magnum?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have put a chain on those logs and drag them .

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Susuki Vision 500 It's been a great machine for hualing stuff around the property, well until weight distribution is off a tad. :laughing7:
9B72D06A-D9D8-44E1-86E4-E52CDFA2135E_1_201_a.jpeg

We got a Kabota side-by-side with the cab and dump box. It's turned into the main go to for running around the property.

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
☝️ good thing it's 4wd🤣😂🤣🤘

Is that Kubota the 3cyl diesel?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure they are
My one tractor is a 3 cycle Kubota is a Diesel

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure they are
My one tractor is a 3 cycle Kubota is a Diesel
They make a gas and diesel SxS.
I own 2 of the diesel and they are bullet proof machines. My main one is pushing 7k hrs and still running strong.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make a gas and diesel SxS.
I own 2 of the diesel and they are bullet proof machines. My main one is pushing 7k hrs and still running strong.
It was a good bike when it ran, I think the float was sticking on the carb. It would drip gas out of the bottom all the time and it would run for a while then flood out.

Gare those wagons are really nice to have.

View attachment 2077915

View attachment 2077916
i had originally bought a steel one and in one day hauled 5 5gal buckes of crushed stone to a wet water spo0t on a horse trail. In about 7 trips the wagong was falling aport . I took it back to the store i bought it from not expecting a refund. I just told the manager what I had done AND there weight recomendations were off a bit. She then said if i wanted to give her the difference between the cost of the fiber one she would gladly exchange it for the other one., Anyone wanna guess how long it took me to pay the difference ? I had the fiber one I bet for 10 or more years and I just sold it lAST MONTH and it STILL LOOKED TERRIFIC!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions