Just getting out was nice...silver and cool brass

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Too much snow, ice, frozen ground or really cold temps is going to shut me down for the season.
Every hunt is a gift at this point, gotta make every one count if I can.
Yesterday the 3" of snow we got earlier in the week melted and the temps hit the 40's so it was time to get out.

A silver purity ring, number 3 or 4 for me, and even cooler is this brass nautical letter opener which I love.
I am going to clean it up good and put it on my desk and wait for a letter.
All my finds are neat, these type that are functional and that I can use in real life after rescuing them from a dirt nap are a bonus.

Attachments

• silver and brass.jpg
    silver and brass.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 6

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the ring and nice letter opener. Great to be able to get out this time of the year.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree, have to take advantage of the "warmer" weather to get out and hunt. I was out today with temp hovering around 30 degrees. Lasted about an hour before my finger tips were just too cold. Some frozen surface water but soil not yet frozen. Managed to dig a couple Buffalo nickels and a silver ring.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your not kidding very hard to search in the the cold temperatures have been not so bad but ya got to get out when ya can nice finds like the ring...stay warm...

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"All my finds are neat, these type that are functional and that I can use in real life after rescuing them from a dirt nap are a bonus. "

Ya Buddy!!!!

Randy Combs

Sep 16, 2013
FREDONIA KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Predator Raptor
Predator Phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone's TRUE LOVE is sad they lost their ring, but what a cool find.

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the letter opener is beautiful. Congrats on great finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread