Just getting started on this old field !

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, :hello:

I've been hunting my friends new place. :icon_thumleft: Have not found much so not posting much. :laughing9: It's an 1800's farm that was a farm until 1920. Shocking :o I've never found anything old in the lawn. :icon_scratch: After hunting it three times with nothing old. :dontknow: I finally moved to the field. :headbang: I started finding old stuff right away, first a flat button then a wheat. That I think has some silver gilt. :hello2: After that my last good find in a small area of this field was a messed up IH. :tongue3: Hard to see and its been damaged by plow and maybe someone carved it up a little. Its a mess.... ??? If you look careful you can see 1853... Anyway I'm just getting started on this field and its huge :P I want to hunt it good and I'm sure I should find some old silver someday. :headbang: The last photo's are a play coin quarter size I found with Prolab69 and a I ching coin I found with Bushido Dude. Its about the size of a half dollar. Here are some pictures, if any came out ok enjoy....

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D

Attachments

• Friendsfield 003.jpg
    Friendsfield 003.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 615
  • Friendsfield 002.jpg
    Friendsfield 002.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 611
  • Friendsfield 005.jpg
    Friendsfield 005.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 614
  • Friendsfield 007.jpg
    Friendsfield 007.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 598
  • Friendsfield 008.jpg
    Friendsfield 008.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 603
  • Friendsfield 009.jpg
    Friendsfield 009.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 595
  • Friendsfield 010.jpg
    Friendsfield 010.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 595
Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

By the looks of the button and the old IH, youre in the right spot now ;D I bet we'll be seeing a couple coppers and a spanish silver soon :headbang:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now your on it! Keep going! :thumbsup:

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool!!!!!!!!!!! But it cant be 1853 IHP's weren't struck until 1859. It sure does look like 1853 though. very interesting. HH

firefighter35

Aug 19, 2009
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x Minelab Explorer II Modified Bounty Hunter Garrett Ace 250(10x14 excelerator coil)
Those play tokens ring up great on my machine and come out of the ground looking great, but get skunked on them, lol Nice finds!!! ;D

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1863 maybe..could be a civil war patriotic token..the face design does not look right for an indian.....neat finds

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teverly said:
1863 maybe..could be a civil war patriotic token..the face design does not look right for an indian.....neat finds

You know :icon_scratch: Nothing looks right about this IH, It dose not feel like copper feels like a resin or putter, its real heavy. It has a gouge going all the way around the area where the wreath would be. ??? The date seems really small and as you can see the coin is ripped. :dontknow: Like someone tried to cut out the head or something. :icon_scratch: This could be from the plow sure the but the gouge going all the way around the wreath seems hand done.. :dontknow:
If anyone knows anything about this strange IH or has any ideas please feel free to comment. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Everyone !! :notworthy: :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That indian looks like it had some tools put to it, as if someone tried cutting out the cntr. It was found in the field, so it may have been meant to use as a washer for a farm impliment, the side of it on the broken edge could be where the farmer slipped while useing the tools and tossed it over his shoulder, :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions