What's new

just got finished with the 8 dime boxes

silvercop

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
got 11 silver rossie's and 1 merc. guess that is about average for dimes. dime boxes are fun and i can do them quicker than halves, but the eye strain is a killer (espically for us 40 somethings)
 
Upvote 0
Your averages are about .5 better than mine. I've got some magnifying glasses that I use, hold out for the bifocal type- regular on top and 2 or 2.5x on bottom. Lots easier on the eyes. HH Mark
 
i have heard that a ryedale will work on dimes and sort the silver from clad. has anyone ever tried it and if so does it work?
 
SC,
Good score on the dimes. That's about average. Get yourself a pair of cheap reading glasses at the local drug store. The highest power ones they sell. That's what I use.
I like searching dimes but I cut down a lot since I started doing half boxes.
I recently found a bank that I have an account with that has a coin counter that does not accept halves. Maybe I'll use this as my dime dump bank and start picking up some boxes again.

Rich
 
silvercop said:
i have heard that a ryedale will work on dimes and sort the silver from clad. has anyone ever tried it and if so does it work?

The Ryedale is only for pennies and nickels at the moment.
 
This year I have averaged almost 2 silver dimes per box. I only do it because I'm a collector and love finding mercs and barbers.



ffd
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom