otis89

Tenderfoot
Jul 14, 2015
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that much history I'm sure there'll be some goodies in the ground. HH!

Wel-come aboard ... :hello:

I'm almost certain you're gonna have some exciting days at that location ~

Sounds like a good place to start finding treasure and learning how to retrieve your finds and cover your retrieval spots where no one can tell you have been there. Good luck!!

Welcome to T-Net. To some it's a hobby to many of us it's an obsession. Sounds like you have a great place to start and to learn your machine and to practice digging plugs.

Welcome and good luck great first machine!

metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

First welcome aboard and welcome to your new passion/addiction. Great detector to start with and hope to see some posts of good finds. If the house was torn down be ready for a lot of nail targets, might want to notch those out so you don't hear them all day long. Good luck

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for all the welcomes! Unfortunately, due to circumstances, I wasn't able to get out yesterday. Oh well. There's always next weekend. I'm in central Illinois BTW.

That ground, and those finds that are in it, is not going anywhere, you'll get them when you get there!

Last edited:
I was finally able to get out to that lot two weekends ago, and discovered I need a few more tools. The ground was really tough, lots of clay. I need a better digging tool. I think I'm going to order a Lesche. Also, having a handheld pinpointer would really come in handy. I did manage to find two pennies, a nickel, and a very large washer though.

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I took it out to a local park and managed to find 14 cents, a dime and four pennies. Then today, in a different park, we found $2.29! We found two dollar coins, a quarter, and four pennies. Needless to say, we're hooked!

Needless to say, we're hooked!

Welcome to TNet. Congratulations on being hooked now. You'll put in some long days with little to show. Don't let that discourage you.

Now, with the fever you now have, I'm just glad you don't live in my neck of the woods so I won't have feverish competition :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back