What's new

Just rocks or?

mainejman

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
1,046
Reaction score
1,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Ive been reading that sometimes regular rocks are found in burial sites.They obviously have some meaning.I know flakes are considered artifacts. so are these unworked rocks? Or does it have to be worked? So does an unworked unusual rock when found in context while digging become an artifact????
 
Upvote 0
Cant rule it out.Ill have to see if they are found in archaic sites...
 
I know pottery was in late archaic periods
 
i see rocks all the time that i think they used that do not look like artifacts,i think mother nature made lots of ready to use tools and they would always take advantage of them.jmo of course but i see alot of it
 
I found a nice river cobble hammer stone recently but no tools yet just flakes. In the same area I found a couple of other cobblestones that are broken but I can't tell if they were ever used. They were obviously brought there because they just don't fit that area.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom