What's new

just wondering?

onfire

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
1,336
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny that some people really get a super box once in a while, I know from reading here these boxs come from brinks Etc. Wondering how many of these boxs do they have on hand. With all the requests for boxs could they be getting down to the bottom of the rack where the old ones are. Or just luck of the draw, or could there be loads of old boxs on the bottom of the pile. ???
 
Upvote 0
obediah said:
dave5710 said:
I think most of the silver we find today is from the street. I would think that pallets of coins in boxes, sitting around for years, would either get brittle from lack of humidity or damp from too humid condtions. Proper rotation would prevent both problems. I also think alot of silver is held in bank vaults of small banks throughout the country, especially in privately owned banks. I found one that still had rolls of coins from when the bank opened in 1902. A teller showed me a roll of the dimes.

Can you imagine getting your hands on a roll of coins, the was all Barbers, except for a few Seateds and a Capped Bust or two.

Take care, Dave
Yes, I remember someone posting of 2 Boxes of Solid Bens in original fed wrappers they got from a bank, which as near as I can surmise must be worth in the 6 figures now.


You got a link on that one? I remember someone finding some Bens in the original rolls all bright and shiny. But I've been around here awhile and have never seen 2 boxes of solid Bens.
 
nyiangelo said:
obediah said:
dave5710 said:
I think most of the silver we find today is from the street. I would think that pallets of coins in boxes, sitting around for years, would either get brittle from lack of humidity or damp from too humid condtions. Proper rotation would prevent both problems. I also think alot of silver is held in bank vaults of small banks throughout the country, especially in privately owned banks. I found one that still had rolls of coins from when the bank opened in 1902. A teller showed me a roll of the dimes.

Can you imagine getting your hands on a roll of coins, the was all Barbers, except for a few Seateds and a Capped Bust or two.

Take care, Dave
Yes, I remember someone posting of 2 Boxes of Solid Bens in original fed wrappers they got from a bank, which as near as I can surmise must be worth in the 6 figures now.


You got a link on that one? I remember someone finding some Bens in the original rolls all bright and shiny. But I've been around here awhile and have never seen 2 boxes of solid Bens.
No do not have link, just remember the post with pics and something about comment they had been in Banks vault for many years- some of the pics showed the original wrappers. It was posted or maybe linked after march 09 cause that is when I learned of Forum.
 
I think were talking about Mistergee, I believe. I think the story was some one had turned in a lot of 1963 bens in their original wrappers, but no box.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom