K River over the weekend

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out for a weekend of dredging with friends. Met a couple of TNET members also. Nice to see and finally meet you Jason from Enid and GOLDSMITH. Weather was great water was nice and the bedrock looked great. Will post news of finds when I get it separated. My friend Mike got a nice picker ( remember this is Oklahoma nice = a bb size nugget ) a few feet over from me.

Attachments

• image-117977700.jpg
    image-117977700.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was good to meet you and Mike too! I haven't gone through my stuff yet either, but I am starting to develop a new theory on this site. I don't think the gold is on bedrock. I think it's all flood gold up in the over-burden. If you find any from your bedrock dredging, let me know and I will scrap my theory! I spent this morning exploring and found a place that looks really promising, although it's really hard to get to and may be really hard to work. No inspections or tests made on this spot, I didn't have time today.

Maybe we could get an excavator in our area from this weekend and strip everything to bedrock in one section and just concentrate on pure BR dredging and find out for sure! It would be nice!

I made my own post so I wouldn't hijack yours.

Last edited:
OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Jason I share that theory next trip I'm taking everything to hard pack and moving on. I have a couple of 100 s and 50 s. a ton of black sand and lead. I'll be headed to Texas for my next trip.

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope u all did good out there im thinking of heading up there my self again.
hurry up and get those pics up wanting to see some some gold.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ranger wont go again till my next days off in mid August river will probally stop running by then I will spend most of the winter hitting it thou.

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you guys had fun....now show us the GOLD :headbang:.

I met Astrobounces and 2 others at TC last weekend. Always nice to meet peeps from TNET.

OBP, Jason and Ranger1 we will meet someday for sure.
Keep us posted on the Gold!!

OKIE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread