What's new

Kansas Folk are pretty darn nice, silver to boot!

  • Thread starter Thread starter seger98
  • Start date Start date
S

seger98

Guest
As many of you know, the wife & I are on our road trip back to WI. Hitting banks on the way, well here in KS. we had a bit of a problem, the story goes like this.

Every town we came across on highway 54 has a set of railroad tracks to go over, and every road at the intersections had a dip on all 4 sides, (must be for drainage) Well anyway, pulling a 30 foot travel trailer across these tracks & intersections, I'm dragging at the hitch, well eventually this wore off the nuts on my stabilizer bars & one broke off. & I'm dragging that down the street. I pulled over right away & at the same time a guy pulls right up next to me (cuz he heard the noise) And immediately asked if everything was ok. I said I just broke the swaybar nuts on that set of tracks.

He says I work for the city pull around the corner & we'll see if we can get ya back on the road. Well that was lucky too cuz the bank we were heading for was across the street from the town shop! To make a long story short, he got us up & running in no time at all, I couldn't thank him enough, don't know what we would have done without him.

EVERY person we have met in this state of KS. has been super nice to us, the name of the town that this happened in was Plains. Two towns over in Fowler had $1800.00 in halves, WOW I'm thinking to myself, I said can I get just $800.00? She said sure, they've been here since 1996, what are you going to do with them she asked? I said I'll look through them & keep the ones I want, she said great, good luck & if you want to bring them back feel free to do so! WOW, I didn't find anything in them & when I returned them wrapped up, I asked about the guy who's name was on most of the rolls, oh.... He's a jerk she said & if there was anything in them, he got em' already, I left the other $1000.00 there without looking at them


Thanks again to all the nice people here in KS. I have found some silver here, both 90 & 40%er's
 
Upvote 0
It's good to hear everything has worked out Seger. Be careful on the road.

Good luck with the silver too.
 
Sounds like you are having a good road trip. Keep us updated.

All you other CRHers, watch out, there coming to a town near you......and cleaning out the silver :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom