What's new

Keep or Dump?

CJ9

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Messages
619
Reaction score
1,902
Golden Thread
0
Location
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Got $5 in cents at bank today

all are mint wrapped rolls of 2009 & 2010 that someone ordered directly from the mint

2009:
3 Presidency rolls: 2-D and 1-P
2 Professional Life: both D
1 Formative Years: D

2010: 4 rolls total: 2-P and 2-D

Would you keep or dump? I have not saved 2009 cents before, and I probably have a BU roll of 2010-P somewhere. I was thinking of keeping the 2009 and one from each mint of the 2010. I would dump the 2010 BU roll that I have previously saved because these are mint issued.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to your thoughts.



2009-2010 mint rolled cents  1-3-20.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tend to keep a few rolls here and there, not worth much money by just fun to do! :icon_thumleft:
 
throw 'em at the wall on Ebay auction---- see what sticks--- could get to exchange them for a few rolls of 2019 qtrs:dontknow::dontknow::laughing7:
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Roll collecting was most popular in the 1950's-60's and has declined, IMO, ever since. I believe there are BU 1950-D nickels locked up in rolls in collections and maybe some other coins that we should be finding more often.

I would not dump them. If you have room, you could save them; if not, they should bring a premium.
 
Check Craigslist and the other usual suspects, such as reddit and local Facebook groups. If there is interest, and it meets your sell price, my advice is to sell. There is always a market for items like these.

Personally, I have a list of several hundred collectors and resellers, so I rarely hang onto anything more than a week or two. I never use eBay.

Time for more coffee.
 
Thanks all for your input. I think i am going to save them for now with the idea of selling them (at least the 2009s). I find most of these modern mint products, in particular those without any silver content, aren't worth that much and have the potential to go down in value as time passes. Think about NIFC halves in that regard.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom