Kesselring's Solve

QE1

Jan 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there fellow treasure hunters. I wanted to ask you guys a couple of general questions.

Q1. Robert Kesselring
What is your opinion of the Kesselring solve? After I read his story, I thought that he actually knows where the Santa Fe church treasure is. Has anyone ever tried to verify the information he has put out there? I would like to know if there is any merit to his solve, before I spend a lot of time trying to verify his information. If it is true, then the archaeological dept at Arizona State University should start digging at his sites. Maybe the USFS getting in the way?

Q2. Fire in Superstition Mountains
I heard that there was recently a large fire that burned a lot of vegetation in the Superstition Mountains. Can someone verify if there was a fire? Has the forest service closed-off the area since the fire? If so, will it be re-opened soon? If the vegetation is cleared away, then it seems that it might be easier to find clues, or maybe the opposite it true, that the smoke and charred debris would make it harder to find clues?

Q3. Metal Detectors & Museum
I was a searcher many years ago, but when I moved away from Arizona, I did not lose interest in the LDGM search. I think it would be great if someone (anyone) could find the Dutchman's 18" diameter gold vein, or the Peralta gold mine. So if I can make it back to Arizona, could I take a metal detector and a hand trowel into the mountains? Are the rangers going to give me any grief?

Well, I am glad to be getting back into this. Thanks for reading, and good luck in the search.

I really enjoy watching the videos "Legend of the Superstition Mountains". Maybe I will get an email from Wayne Tuttle … that would be cool.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
It was found 20190409_180255-COLLAGE.jpg

foxfire

Jul 19, 2021
Detector(s) used
OKM Fusion Light
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi there fellow treasure hunters. I wanted to ask you guys a couple of general questions.

Q1. Robert Kesselring
What is your opinion of the Kesselring solve? After I read his story, I thought that he actually knows where the Santa Fe church treasure is. Has anyone ever tried to verify the information he has put out there? I would like to know if there is any merit to his solve, before I spend a lot of time trying to verify his information. If it is true, then the archaeological dept at Arizona State University should start digging at his sites. Maybe the USFS getting in the way?

Q2. Fire in Superstition Mountains
I heard that there was recently a large fire that burned a lot of vegetation in the Superstition Mountains. Can someone verify if there was a fire? Has the forest service closed-off the area since the fire? If so, will it be re-opened soon? If the vegetation is cleared away, then it seems that it might be easier to find clues, or maybe the opposite it true, that the smoke and charred debris would make it harder to find clues?

Q3. Metal Detectors & Museum
I was a searcher many years ago, but when I moved away from Arizona, I did not lose interest in the LDGM search. I think it would be great if someone (anyone) could find the Dutchman's 18" diameter gold vein, or the Peralta gold mine. So if I can make it back to Arizona, could I take a metal detector and a hand trowel into the mountains? Are the rangers going to give me any grief?

Well, I am glad to be getting back into this. Thanks for reading, and good luck in the search.

I really enjoy watching the videos "Legend of the Superstition Mountains". Maybe I will get an email from Wayne Tuttle … that would be cool.
Hi QE1,

Ever get a straight answer for the alleged church treasure? I do recall there being a fire out in the Superstitions a few years ago but that was further southwest than the site. I guess there was also a documentary done on Kesselring’s research that released this spring; haven’t watched it yet but gather they didn’t succeed in digging up anything to prove their story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions