What's new

Key date 1903 s Barber dime

Dr.Tones

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2013
Messages
479
Reaction score
1,300
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! I can't believe the key dates I've been hitting the past year. Finally made it out for a much needed hunt. Managed to score another Barber key date. A 1903 S dime! Sweetness! Thanks! Happy hunting
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    410.2 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 42
Wow! If that's dug it's in fantastic condition! Awesome find and value! Congrats!
 
Very nice! Crisp detail on a coin with less than 1 million minted, yes please:notworthy:
 
Funny coincidence- my best coin find of my detecting lifetime was also a 1903-s dime in almost the same grade! I dug mine in upstate NY in the late 1990s. I will post a picture later if I can find one.

Yours has enough meat to probably make VF20 by today's standards. If it doesn't have surface damage from being in the ground, and it does not have fine hairlines from cleaning the dirt off, it's worth sending to PCGS or NGC. A great find!
 
Nice find Tone! I found an exquisite 1903 dime, but it didn't have the S! Lol. Congrats on a hell of a year bud

Steve
 
Sweet!!

I've only got two barber dimes to my credit and neither one is a key date. Lol
 
Whatta find for sure!!!!

I've yet to find a Barber ANYTHING...so not only am I excited to see your find, I'm equally jealous! :occasion14:
 
Excellent find! You guys on the west coast kill it on the key dates!!
 
Killer barber dime! It's in terrific shape too

Just another great coin
for you DFA boys!
 
We do have a substatntial amount of key dates out this way
 
Hey, That is one heck of a great find!!! Now go out and find that 1894 s dime. There were 24 minted you know. Just kidding of course. Super find friend.
 
You never cease to amaze me Doctor. :notworthy: How long did it take to get the detecting doctorate degree? Reminds me of two movie quotes.... one from Tommy Boy. "Lots of people go to school for seven years Richard.... I know Tommy, they're called doctors!" And the other from Spies Like Us.... Doctor....Doctor...Doctor...Doctor....Doctor...Doctor...Doctor....and...Doctor!" Keep the excellent finds coming. :occasion14:
 
Haha! I LOVE both of those movies!
 
Loven those key date barbers!!! Way cool!!!:icon_thumleft:
 
Great find, ya just never know what you're gonna pull out of the next plug. Congrats on the key date and mint mark.:occasion14:
 
Awesome Dr keep it up man!
 
outstanding!!!
 
Nice crisp coin! you've had lots of luck over the years with key date coins!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom