What's new

Key Date LC, and Horse & Rider Fob.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
4,107
Reaction score
2,717
Golden Thread
3
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked my big Iron Patch a couple of more hours working further from the road. I thought maybe I was getting closer to a hot spot, when I got the fob thing, which I like. The targets however remained sparse.

When I got the copper I thought to myself damn just another Canadian Large Cent, but my tune changed when I saw the date 1858. It's Canada's first real coinage as "province of Canada", and is the only date with any value at all. In average condition all the other dates are only a buck or two. The 1858 is the only one worth finding. I have quite a few 1859's and always wanted one of these. So even though only a couple of keepers, it was still a good day.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1870.webp
    IMG_1870.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1876.webp
    IMG_1876.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 18
Congratz on a couple of really nice finds!
 
Nice cowboy fob Rick, and congrats on the key date LC.
 
Good on the coin, like the watch fob more! I haven't found one of those in a decade.

My only 1858 was from the day over there with you. From the corn field we hunted in the rain.
 
Good on the coin, like the watch fob more! I haven't found one of those in a decade.

My only 1858 was from the day over there with you. From the corn field we hunted in the rain.

Remember the day, and the "sideways" rain. What fun.
 
Saweeeeeet! Great score!!!!
 
Special finds your making.....Very Nice!!!
 
Nice digs! That fob is awesome
 
I've never found a watch fob...that I know of. That one is super cool
 
Cool fob, and congrats on the first issue Vicky. Have you noticed any errors or varieties on that baby?

I still have yet to find a Vicky copper, can't wait till I do. Well, I guess I found some Vicky coppers in England. Does that count lol?
 
Cool fob, and congrats on the first issue Vicky. Have you noticed any errors or varieties on that baby?

I still have yet to find a Vicky copper, can't wait till I do. Well, I guess I found some Vicky coppers in England. Does that count lol?

Everything counts, as long as it is dug..haha

Actually there is some die rotation, roughly 20-25 degrees, I would need to make a video to prove that, but in actuality probably not enough to make any signifigant difference, besides, being dug, bent, scratched, some corrosion for sure it makes little difference in the end, ....but thanks for asking !
 
Sorry for my manners, THANKS everyone for the comments. I thought the Fob cool when found, it is nice to know some other think so to.
 
Nice LC Ricky my man....But that fob thingamajig is killer:headbang:

Good to see you get out..

~Blaze
 
That fob is a really cool relic. Congrats on the key date LC too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom