What's new

KGC Fact or Fiction

Chaps

Jr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2011
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I have seen signs in arkansas of turtles, snakes, turkey feet. All kinds of signs. But who made them spanish or KGC?
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_Golden_Circle

? I read a while back that the local Indian tribes also carved rocks/trees in areas plentiful for game. might be a great idea to hunt those areas if you have permission to do so- I never heard of the KGC until searching your question out (but then again I'm a dumb yankee! lmao)

interesting thing about signs, context matters- what is near these signs? mountains? good idea to check with the states listings and look for local stories and something in your area might be in your back yard- and if you find something don't tell anyone. :) seriously the goberment will steal it from you... ::)
 
mfitzy111 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_Golden_Circle

? I read a while back that the local Indian tribes also carved rocks/trees in areas plentiful for game. might be a great idea to hunt those areas if you have permission to do so- I never heard of the KGC until searching your question out (but then again I'm a dumb yankee! lmao)

interesting thing about signs, context matters- what is near these signs? mountains? good idea to check with the states listings and look for local stories and something in your area might be in your back yard- and if you find something don't tell anyone. :) seriously the goberment will steal it from you... ::)

Near these signs is an old plantation on a mountain. I have done some research and there is a few caves in the mix that Civil War confederate uniforms were found. So im thinking KGC!!!
 
Chaps said:
I have seen signs in arkansas of turtles, snakes, turkey feet. All kinds of signs. But who made them spanish or KGC?

I think you need to erase everything in your head, and start with a clean slate. Your state is so rich in history, there are so many DIFFERENT possibilities! You need to do some serious research at your local courthouse and libraries. Check out this article, and I think you be inspired!

http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net/encyclopedia/entry-detail.aspx?entryID=408
 
I thought everone heard of the KGS. The many stories seem to be tied to a second chance for CSA with treasure stored at various locations. There have been shows on TV about groupes looking for the treasures. I am sure a net search would turn up many stories. Frank
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom