What's new

KGI & KGII from a pounded site.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
391
Golden Thread
0
Location
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Tonight after getting hay out of the field that just so happens to have an early cabin site in it I decided to go back and do a little swinging. This is the field that I started metal detecting in. The grass was cut really low and the swinging was GREAT! I dug every iffy signal I could find. Six holes dug and two coppers to show.
One is a KGI and the other is a 1747 KGII. I have not put the coil down in this field for four years now. I will have to go back one more time before the grass grows back again.

The coppers from this site so far, 1788 Massachusetts, 1798, 1800, 1803X2 Draped Bust and one dateless Classic Head. Now I can add the KG'S to the list.

Thanks for looking. VPR
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0217.webp
    IMG_0217.webp
    248.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0218.webp
    IMG_0218.webp
    281 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0219.webp
    IMG_0219.webp
    254.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0220.webp
    IMG_0220.webp
    215.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0221.webp
    IMG_0221.webp
    195.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0222.webp
    IMG_0222.webp
    353 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0223.webp
    IMG_0223.webp
    235.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0224.webp
    IMG_0224.webp
    254.7 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 22
KGI & KGII from a pounded site.

You had me at KG1. While we see plenty of KG2's and 3's on T-net, KG's are always a nice thing to see found on our side of the pond. Great silhouette!


Thanks for sharing that one, you're on a good early site spanning a wonderfully historical bunch of years! Enjoy it

Steve
 
******************************SCORE***********************
 
Oh yah.....never wrong with finding old coppers!
 
Nice finds---pound that spot for silver :occasion14:
 
SWEET finds! Certainly on my list to dig. Of all the time I spent digging in Virginia, and over 25 years behind the coil, I've never dug a KG of any kind. One day! That said, KG I coppers we don't see on here that often.Coin-grats!-Buck
 
That's a fairly interesting George II counterfeit. Too bad it's not a bit better.
 
Way to represent the 802!!!!
 
Congrats on the KG1! Have you done your happy dance yet?
 
I have been wanting to dig a KGIII for ten years now. I have KGI, KGII, state coppers, Hibernia, etc. Where is my King George III? Seems funny to have not dug one yet.
No period silver has come from this site yet. This is where I dug my two USA Pewter buttons a few years back that made the banner.

Thanks for the replies!! VPR
 
Nice coppers. The KGI is a good indication of site age. Never know whats gonna turn up if you're digging KGI coppers. Keep hitting it hard.
 
Fantastic old copper recoveries! Congratualtions!

I bet there is a lot more for you to find! :icon_thumleft:
 
way to be persistent!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom