Kinda gold and dead people

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm hunting for gold, rings and money-

IMG_20150530_090043875_HDR1.jpg

PICT0416.jpg

And a new CAR!

PICT0438.jpg

My hunting buddy however- seems to have his detector set on 'Crematory Tags'

PICT0429.jpg

It was a fun hunt- water is about 88F. You can't even feel yourself pee...

This one is going with my pull tab collection- it's a 1962-63! What a fantastic find! (worthy of the banner!)

IMG_2091.jpg

Upvote 0

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope your hunting buddy isn't that kid from The Sixth Sense. Are other people able to see him/her or just you?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G.I.B.,

Were you out hunting with Doctor Spock those tags are a bit spooky but still neat.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Is this water by a cemetery? And has it flooded recently? Just wondering

No, it's along a shoreline where lot's of people scatter ashes of the dearly departed, usually from a boat. The tags work their way ashore over time.

People don't realize the metal tag is inside, with the full name and address of the occupant, as they dump the ashes.

I've got a couple of my friends tags in the same area. So far I've not ran into them again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
G.I.B.,

Were you out hunting with Doctor Spock those tags are a bit spooky but still neat.

Regards + HH

Bill

Yep, and we took the tags out to deep water and returned them to the bottom on our way off the beach. (we came by boat)

My GTI paints these tags pretty clearly, so I don't dig them up when I'm on the beach. When I'm water hunting with the Infinium, they sound like every other lousy hunk of gold. Don't sound anything like a classic and very collectable'62 pull tab.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G.I.B.,

Do your best to take care of Crispin for us...between pneumonia, etc....he needs all the support he can get.

Regards + HH

Bill

Yep, and we took the tags out to deep water and returned them to the bottom on our way off the beach. (we came by boat)

My GTI paints these tags pretty clearly, so I don't dig them up when I'm on the beach. When I'm water hunting with the Infinium, they sound like every other lousy hunk of gold. Don't sound anything like a classic and very collectable'62 pull tab.

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
G.I.B.,

Do your best to take care of Crispin for us...between pneumonia, etc....he needs all the support he can get.

Regards + HH

Bill

If he doesn't behave I'll squish his head.

~squik ~squik ~squik~
squik squik squik.jpg

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great post. Please don't tell me you PEE in the water:laughing7: