What's new

King George I Halfpenny!!!

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
My first British coin I believe.
Thanks for looking. Someone found an example of the coin I found, but in better condition. I posted it at the bottom. :wink:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0755.webp
    IMG_0755.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_0754.webp
    IMG_0754.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_0756.webp
    IMG_0756.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_0757.webp
    IMG_0757.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_0758.webp
    IMG_0758.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_0759.webp
    IMG_0759.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_0760.webp
    IMG_0760.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_0761.webp
    IMG_0761.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_0755.webp
    IMG_0755.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_0754.webp
    IMG_0754.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_0756.webp
    IMG_0756.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_0757.webp
    IMG_0757.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_0758.webp
    IMG_0758.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_0759.webp
    IMG_0759.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_0760.webp
    IMG_0760.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_0761.webp
    IMG_0761.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 556
  • 1723 KGI Halfpenny.webp
    1723 KGI Halfpenny.webp
    38 KB · Views: 503
Upvote 0
Hey Garabaldi,

That is one cool find. I can't help with identifying it but I can help you admire it. Congratulations!


capt
 
What is the story with the find? Where did you find it? Field? Woods?

I have yet to dig a King George I. That is definitely on my goal list. :headbang: :notworthy:

Kirk
 
Kirk PA said:
What is the story with the find? Where did you find it? Field? Woods?

I have yet to dig a King George I. That is definitely on my goal list. :headbang: :notworthy:

Kirk



Poor Kirky. If you don't have one by the end of the year I suppose I could send you one of my 7 or 8. ;D
 
SWEET Geo I ya got there Garabaldi ! Congrats :icon_thumright:

Boston is thE place man ! Any piece of dirt has the ability to toss up a super oldie ! Being one of the major ports of the colonies. And all the Rev war activitie.
I wonder what old coins are buried in Boston common :icon_scratch: !
I wonder what was in the piles of dirt dug up during the long "BIG dig" !!

Keep swingin that coil over the Bean town doyt ( dirt ) !!

D.
 
Thanks again Chris. Hope you find a few soon. :wink:
 
nice one buddy!!! whats the date on the large cent? id be back there again. about the closest to you ive hunted is quincy with good luck. i should do some research on boston parks the old ones that is. im only about 25 miles away.keep up the good work and maby well run into each other some day. if your running into stuff like what you got theres gotta be spanish silver there i found a 1806 2 REALE IN quincy last year. willy
 
King George, his legend lives on.
 
Boston your my home!

Way to go buddy. I grew up in South Boston. Maybe when i go home i should look up some old parks... Dunno why i havent done it yet...

NICE NICE COINS!

GENE
 
Nice going on the KGI. Looks like a real beauty!
 
That's a nice 1723 man.

HH Jer
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom