What's new

King George II cut copper coin

treblehunter

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
9,692
Reaction score
11,296
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I had a cut silver, I was hunting with Vino/George when I found it today. He found a couple cool finds and I found one, we are still eeking out finds at that site. I also found my first pot pipe (well , the first I found while metal detecting) The pipe was an eyeball find, the cut coin was the first cut coin for me. Two first! (almost a trifecta whatifind)
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad 20151218_155500.webp20151218_155543.webp20151218_155231.webp


20151218_155650.webp
 
Upvote 34
A cast, counterfeit, cracked, copper!
 
I was going to say I thought it looked broken in half
 
That place just keeps on giving! Wtg on getting the cut piece. If you look at the building from the parking lot, I never did get much of a chance to try the left side.
 
Nice cut copper Treb. Did you dig it or pull it out of George's display? :tongue3:
 
Ask iron patch, he knows everything



I didn't realize it was you posting as i don't tend to pay enough attention to you to remember you... except when you open your big mouth. Ok sure, it's a cut copper, make it what you want to be happy.
 
Hey Brad good find today.
And IP, was just saying what it is. And being a cast, is so much cooler than just a scrap cut copper. Dont you think?
It was fun today, and man I love that place!!!
 
I didn't realize it was you posting as i don't tend to pay enough attention to you to remember you... except when you open your big mouth. Ok sure, it's a cut copper, make it what you want to be happy.

Ugh oh IP is grumpy again...must not have been on a hunt in 24hr....
 
Lots of detail on the half, now to think the other half is out there still.
 
Oh and nice find bud. Geo 2nd is awesome no matter what!
 
Ugh oh IP is grumpy again...must not have been on a hunt in 24hr....


Not at all, and digging tomorrow. :headbang: He seems to want to start crap, and it's not the first time, so I'm just giving him what he wants. It certainly makes no difference to me as things are great.
 
Wow put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

Cool finds.

~Blaze~
 
Cool save Brad!! Never find one of those in the water in that condition!!
 
Not at all, and digging tomorrow. :headbang: He seems to want to start crap, and it's not the first time, so I'm just giving him what he wants. It certainly makes no difference to me as things are great.

I don't want to start crap, some times it not what you say it's how you say it. I'm a new comer to all this stuff, I don't know a reproduction from a real coin, cast, what ever. Your original reply came off like you were starting crap. I stand corrected. To me, it's still a cool find. If you knew where I found it, you would think it was real too
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom