What's new

Kisatchie national forest

LaGold

Sr. Member
Joined
May 8, 2012
Messages
298
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP deus and whites Mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wondering if it was legal to md in Louisiana kisatchie national forest any info is appreciated
 
Last edited:
Wondering if it was legal to md in Louisiana kisatchie national forest any info is appreciated
I would like to know myself, my guess would be no... but what do I know. If you find out something post it and I will do the same.
 
I know what you're wanting to search there, I'd love to hunt that spot too. I've heard both yes and no about the area. I do know that there are dirtbike and atv trails there though so they can't be too worried about it. I've heard stories of amazing things buried out there.
 
I found this about national forests

sent from my x-ray sonar relic finder
 

Attachments

  • image-743400855.webp
    image-743400855.webp
    114 KB · Views: 811
thanx la-gold

Thanx La-gold for the link/info. Amazing how many people will just insitinctivelly think or say that all federal or state land is a no-no. But as your info. shows, this is not the case. And as for the "archaeological part..." (where you can detect as long as the objects are not archaeologically signficant), well .... I don't consider seateds and gold coins to be "archaeologically significant", or old, do you? :tongue3:

I found this about national forests

sent from my x-ray sonar relic finder
 
Yeah it took me quite a while to find any info on it. The place I'm interested in may still be questionable I'm not sure because it is an old homesite which is unknown to 99.99% of anyone there may be a total of 5 people that know of it's existence and I'm the only person who has thought of mding the place my dad discovered it and let the family of the ancestry know about it. Now there isn't even any evidence of it being there. 15 or so years ago when my dad found it there was still a few bricks there from the fireplace. Maybe 8-10 of them but they are no longer there. He noticed them because of a wagon trail that was going through the woods but someone without a very keen eye would never realize that it was a wagon trail.

sent from my x-ray sonar relic finder
 
I don't see a problem with finding old coins as long as your not using heavy equipment to dig them up. Small holes refilled so not to make any real disturbances should be fine as far as I see it but I would like to get a 100% sure ok before I went it's a touchy subject I couldn't find anyone to give me any answers so I looked for many days trying to find any answers and that's all I could find

sent from my x-ray sonar relic finder
 
Last edited:
reply

Sounds to me like you already have "100% sure ok". Why would you argue with specific verbage allowing detecting? I never argue with a "yes" :icon_scratch:

And you say: "....there may be a total of 5 people that know of it's existence....", Thus even more reason to know that none of them are likely to be there, to care, to begin with. I mean, if you're out in the boondocks where no one even is, why are even fretting this stuff? Go!

I don't see a problem with finding old coins as long as your not using heavy equipment to dig them up. Small holes refilled so not to make any real disturbances should be fine as far as I see it but I would like to get a 100% sure ok before I went it's a touchy subject I couldn't find anyone to give me any answers so I looked for many days trying to find any answers and that's all I could find

sent from my x-ray sonar relic finder
 
Ah well the spot your talking about is different from the one I was thinking of. I wonder if a trash dump counts as historically significant?
 
I found the same thing
 
LAGold, where did you find that site with the laws regarding MD? I live right smack in the middle of Kisatchie and would be very interested in doing some hunting there. I'd like to have printed information on hand just in case anything happens. Learned at the fire department that that comes in handy. Thanks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom