What's new

Knife or axe repost with more pics

Spiritofforest

Greenie
Joined
May 27, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eastern Kentucky find. I’m pretty sure it’s a knife but I’ve had a few people tell
me this looks like a flint Celt? Appreciate any advice in advance :)
 

Attachments

  • 46FF2285-86BE-4205-9E59-AAE165881858.webp
    46FF2285-86BE-4205-9E59-AAE165881858.webp
    693.3 KB · Views: 169
  • C2FB5A28-B330-4404-8456-50C736A4D6B4.webp
    C2FB5A28-B330-4404-8456-50C736A4D6B4.webp
    694.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 9B7806FC-5C0A-48E1-974D-F28473C2C4A3.webp
    9B7806FC-5C0A-48E1-974D-F28473C2C4A3.webp
    714.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 1CFCC271-2889-4D76-9B03-7DD136E71495.webp
    1CFCC271-2889-4D76-9B03-7DD136E71495.webp
    548.9 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 0
Im probably wrong ,but i would call it a celt.or adze.
 
Last edited:
I wanna believe it’s a Celt as well but I have doubts. Honestly I’ve never seen another flint Celt from this area to judge it by.
 
Not convinced it's beefy enough to withstand the blows it would sustain if hafted in a typical, celt handle and swung to chop like the axe it would be.
 
Call it what you will, it would make one heck of a war axe. Cool find for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom