What's new

Knife or projectile point?

Wes213

Full Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2016
Messages
136
Reaction score
264
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this point some months ago. It is the nicest Quartz point I have found this year. Am I right in assuming it is a knife blade as apposed to a projectile point? Thanks for the help! image.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 0
More than likely both. Could have utilized as a Dart Point and or a Knife.

Nice piece wither way.
 
That is a nice find. Congrats.
 
Very nice quartz knife
 
Like Grim mentioned, it could and probably was both a knife and a dart.

It looks like it was used as a knife before being lost. It's a bit lopsided, which often happens from resharpening one cutting edge. But it would have taken the maker about 5 minutes or less for a tune up to get it back to perfect dart point.
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys!!! Great insight!!!
 
Congrats! Finding one of those is on my bucket list!
 
I agree on what the others have said. You need to realize that some knifes where very short because it didn't take much of a sharp edge to do what they needed done. I have skinned and cut up a whitetail deer with just a flake that was held in my hand and I only had to take the edge off once, an that was because it became harder to cut through the larger tendons. Great find:icon_thumright:
 
nice Morrow mountain man. I like that sugar quartz.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom