What's new

Knife? Spear? What is it? (besides beautiful!)

Iowa Beach House

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 26, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beautiful Madison County, Iowa
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I posted this on a different thread, (my first time on this site) and it was suggested that I post it here, so I am taking that advice.

This is a surface find (see in situ photo) on private property near Caspar, Wyoming; I think that the material is some kind of quartzite, but I am open to hearing your thoughts. My real question is what is it? A knife? A spear? something else?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and expertise! Thank you ahead of time


dan's artifact 4.webpdan's artifact.webpdan's artifact 3.webpdan's artifact 2.webpdan's artifact 5jpg.webp
 
Upvote 0
I live ten miles from Silver Mound where a lot of the Hixton silicified sandstone (sugar quartz) was mined. Most of the points I have found are made of this material and that spear point sure a lot like it.

Nice and thanks friend. Start a thread and put some up for all to see when you feel like it.
 
Wow really awesome find that's a keeper
 
Welcome from Mi also
 
I'm thinking a Knife blade - it is so well-done...!
Besides, a spear would have some weight to it, and bulk,
as a spear needs to complete its mission, without breaking
upon impact of the animals hide....!
Great find! :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom